• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

wife looking for flight experience around jax

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
there was some good advise here! we did buy a radio and she can go to the local delta and listen. as for flying with cfi's....well....i'm a pilot....so money is um...not very plentiful!! as for is she attractive....very! is she smart...extremely!!! as for the stick-time jokes...it was a matter of time
:/

Go to liveatc.com and have her listen with you. Pick a tail/flight number and have her follow that one. After the flight is handed off, yoo can quiz her or answer any questions she may have. This worked great with the students I had where english was not their first language. It's free and you can do it at home anytime.

Also make her memorize what information is included in each clearance, so that she knows what to expect in each transmission. If she have some "tags" to put the information she recieves on, she may be able to stock it in short term memory while at the same time keep on top of interpreting the next thing controller is saying. English isnt my first language either, and memorizing the elements of the clearances worked for me, especially those long IFR-clearances...:
'N737NE Cleared to Miami VOR via V3, fly runway heading, climb and maintain 3000 expect 5,000 10 minutes after departure, departure frequency 134.00 squawk 0245'. Thats easy: clearance, route, altitude, frequency and squawk. CRAFT.

'N737NE Turn left heading 100 maintain 2000, descend and maintain 1600 when established inbound, cleared approach ILS 9L, contact tower at the outer marker.' Again easy: heading, altitude, clearance.

Or clearance delivery: she has to say aircraft type, callsign, type of request (VFR/IFR departure), where she wants to and at what altitude, and at last ATIS information. Controllers will always give back altitude, departure frequency and squawk code, or just heading, altitude and departure frequency if its non-radar airport.

Last edited:
Get her a hand held radio and a tape recorder. Have her listen to the clearances, and then repeat them to the tape recorder. At the same time she is to copy them just as she would in the real world. I did this for a lady from Germany. She caught on very quickly and is now doing flight instruction. Good luck to you.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back