Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Jets?

Where did you hear the 19 number?

I haven't heard a thing about us definitely getting jets. But then again we never hear anything from our company or MEC till after it happens.

Can anyone shed some light on this rumor?

Skeezer

19?

How are the pilots going to be trained by September? Does PSA have a magic wand or something? 19 jets by Sept sounds a little optomistic.

Sounds like a lot of new hire and upgrade training will be needed in the up coming months. Good thing the training department canned all the instructors!

OK, since we're all just spreading rumors, I'll contribute as well.

I heard from a CAK lead mechanic that he heard from Dir. of MX that we're getting 9 CRJs starting in September.

Go figure, nobody knows anything firm, and the company is silent. Business as usual. BTW, whatever came of that ex-NCR warehouse in DAY that the company is leasing and suposedly spending millions on equipment and machinery?

I DID hear that PSA is working on AQP approval for the CRJ, so that captains will not have to take a type-ride. Just train each maneuver and profile to proficiency and move on. My kind of training!

DP

To add to the rumor spreading......

A good friend of mine who works line MX in Dayton told me that some of the DAY mechanics were told to expect to go to Canada for six weeks for RJ training later this year. As it stands now with RJ's, you either get tundra or you get jungle. Not that my info is any better or worse than anyone else's.

Aceshigh

Might not matter

Might not matter with US in bankruptcy.

MEC CODE-A-PHONE UPDATE #2
June 30, 2002

This is Roy Freundlich with a US Airways MEC update, number two, for Sunday evening, June 30, with two new items:

Item 1. The Negotiating Committee met with management all weekend and was prepared to resolve outstanding issues.

Yesterday, the Negotiating Committee believed it had reached an important tentative agreement with management on small jet code-sharing authority, which gave the Company industry-leading flexibility on operating small jets at US Airways Express carriers.

Today, management provided an unprofessional response to ALPA’s proposals by informing the Negotiating Committee that management’s current positions are stated in their June 28th proposal to ALPA, which is the proposal that preceded the June 29 tentative agreement on small jet code-sharing authority. Management took a position of refusing to respond to ALPA’s current proposals and reneging on yesterday’s tentative agreement on small jets.

The Negotiating Committee could not continue discussions with management under these conditions and walked out of negotiations this evening. ALPA is prepared to resume discussions with management that are intended to be conducted in good faith, and that can resolve issues in a professional manner.

No further negotiating sessions have been scheduled.

PSA wont be getting any jets if the current trend continues with the negotiations. Rumor has it that U MEC was pissed at management for agreeing to something they did not give their blessing to. This is why negotiations stopped so suddenly with PDT and ALG. They want LOA81 signed off by ALPA National and iron clad scope relief and jets for jobs terms worked out before giving jets away to anybody!! Furthermore, it seems that Siegal is primed for BK, which it seems is his choice for restructuring the company. Who knows, maybe they know the ATSB will not be handing over 1 BILLION dollars to this absolute mess! This, however may end up benefitting the U Express carriers. A BK Judge will likely first toss out the scope clause that is strangling U from competing on the East Coast with Delta, United and COEX, and also help them compete with AirTran and JetBlue. Siegal can then skip the MidAtlantic/Potomac idea (which is utterly stupid to create the highest cost regional feed in the industry - when you have other companies in place to do the same work MUCH cheaper) and jets for jobs and launch RJ's by the masses. The problem for the wholly-owneds is these will probably go contract carriers, because without the loan, there will be no $$$ to purchase RJ's!

Latest resources

Back