• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

WIA info needed.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks again everyone for all your help. Now for a real stupid question related to this subject. Which type rating is more commercially viable in regards to employment or is any type in a transport category jet make a canidate more likely to get the job. Even through I've worked at two major airlines, I'm not sure of the answer nor of how to present my agruement to the WIA officials. I know the SWA requirement but besides SWA. Any knowledge on this would be appreciated. Please forgive my lack of wisdom on this subject. My only jet rating is in a Lear 25/35. Thanks again everyone.:confused: :confused:

I would agree with what was posted about having a pending job offer in a certain type of airplane before applying for the funds. This made the difference with me. I got the state of Idaho to fully pay for my King Air Initial ($6000), but had to go through a series of hoops before it happened. I know my state's fund is dried up for now. Part of the problem I had was that I, along with my case worker, had to get Simcom on the approved training vendor list before receiving the funds. It all took about 2 months before everything clicked. I think the biggest deciding factor for getting the money is having that job offer first.

Good Luck!

I managed to get $8,000 from the state of Virginia. I got a LR-JET type at SIMCOM in Orlando for $9,180. So, I had to come up with the $1,180. Still not a bad deal for a type. I did not have a pending job offer either.

I received the money through the National Emergency Grant, not WIA. I didnt have any luck with WIA.

GOOD LUCK!!!!!
Mike

Mike72,

how did you go about getting the national emrgency grant? I haven't heard much about that, but I am running into a brick wall where WIA is concerned.

jebd7,

I contacted my State Dislocated Worker Coordinator and asked who I needed to talk to about the National Emergency Grant for the 911 Attacks.

It will be a different person and office then the person that handles the WIA grants. However, if you call your WIA person they should be able to tell you who to contact about the NEG.

Go to the following link and put your state in, that will be your WIA coordinator to contact.. call them up and ask them who to talk to about the National Emergency Grant.

You will then have to meet in person and fill out a couple forms, be on unemployement, and show that you lost your job as a direct result of the attacks, bring in an essay telling your story, and show that you have been looking for work, it also helps to bring in want adds from places that are looking for piots typed in the equipment you want the funding to get the type for. It is an easy process and well worth the effort.

If you have any questions send me a private message.

http://www.doleta.gov/layoff/e_sdwuc.asp

This is all very interesting, now would anyone please tell me what the heck WIA is?

Workforce investment act. Federal money provided to the states to retrain unemployed workers.

It's been discussed here a number of times. It is a very good federal program.

Latest resources

Back