• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

WIA funds for Type in KY

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A crj type (and the fact you are in the regional section) would most likely mean you would be heading toward a job with the regionals.

It would not be too hard to find a dispatcher job that pays more than a regional f/o.

I say go for it! Even if you get into flying later...it will be great experience and you will always have something to fall back on (furlough, loss of 1st class medical, etc).

A crj type (and the fact you are in the regional section) would most likely mean you would be heading toward a job with the regionals.

It would not be too hard to find a dispatcher job that pays more than a regional f/o.

I say go for it! Even if you get into flying later...it will be great experience and you will always have something to fall back on (furlough, loss of 1st class medical, etc).

Believe it or not, I have already done 5 years as an FO at the regionals. I took a buyout because I didn't like the direction that my company was heading(OH). Now I am just trying to improve my resume.

Was looking at a Type though flight Saftey, or even just an ATP through ALL ATPs in Bowling Green, KY if the gov is willing to pay for it. I currently do not hold an ATP.

The GOVT does not pay for anything........TAXPAYERS DO! That means you, Through the folks that have and are legally able to use guns TAKE money from your neighbors and give it to you?????(before you go off on the WELL I PAYED INTO IT tangent, maybe you should start there and get pissed that you were FORCED too!) If your gonna take from me then at least give credit where it is due! I wish they would teach this in school, but then if they did folks might wake up and get pissed off!

What a ridiculous argument...

The tax money you paid, like it or not, is GONE. It can be used to help somebody to better themselves, or it can be used for another pork-barrel project or social welfare program...it sure as hell ain't being used to pay down our deficit and DEFINITELY isn't going to be refunded to the taxpayers.

I've got no beef with somebody utilizing a program they're entitled to use...

For anyone else that may be interested.

The state of KY will pay up to 3500.00/yr for up to 2 years of WIA funds for approved programs. The local Onestop offices have a list of approved programs which is updated quarterly.

The program is completely separate from unemployment, but generally speaking collecting unemployment qualifies you to benefit from the program. If you start training and then receive employment after you started, the funds will continue for the course. If you accept a job before your class starts, it all depends on how much money your job pays to determine if you will still receive the funds.

As of right now the Aircraft Dispatcher course at Airline Ground Schools in Florence and an Aviation Maintenance program are the only two aviation related programs on the list.

Anyone with questions can call Karen at (859) 292-2617. She is located in the Covington office.

What a ridiculous argument...

The tax money you paid, like it or not, is GONE. It can be used to help somebody to better themselves, or it can be used for another pork-barrel project or social welfare program...it sure as hell ain't being used to pay down our deficit and DEFINITELY isn't going to be refunded to the taxpayers.

I've got no beef with somebody utilizing a program they're entitled to use...

I will argue no one is ENTITLED to my or your money There are a number of things we as AMERICANS are entitled to....this program is not one of them! The list is in the constitution! I have a real pet peeve that all too may people in this country think the Govt supply's the money! My other point is DON'T SETTLE FOR THE "MONEY IS GONE!" I'm not I hope you will not either! As for someone helping someone I think that is the way the world should work......Ask for help from EVERYONE you know! Then a bank, then then then....don't ask for it by having it confiscated from you and I!

By the way DEMAND it go to pay the deficit or refunded to us! But the problem is if we accept this and it's used to "help" EVERYONE than how can it ever be used to pay off or pay back.....and one more thing THIS IS A SOCIAL WELFARE PROGRAM!!!!
Remeber what I said about teaching this in school! Class over

Stop yelling - your righteous indignation will get you nowhere and does nothing to improve the message delivered in your "class".

Despite your passionate posting, the tax man did not put a gun to your head and forcibly take your hard-earned money - you gave it to him.

There is no "settling" - the money *is* gone. That's reality. You won't get yours back, and I won't get mine back. "Demanding" how your tax money is spent doesn't do anything, as out republic isn't work that way.

I will argue no one is ENTITLED to my or your money There are a number of things we as AMERICANS are entitled to....this program is not one of them! The list is in the constitution! I have a real pet peeve that all too may people in this country think the Govt supply's the money! My other point is DON'T SETTLE FOR THE "MONEY IS GONE!" I'm not I hope you will not either! As for someone helping someone I think that is the way the world should work......Ask for help from EVERYONE you know! Then a bank, then then then....don't ask for it by having it confiscated from you and I!

By the way DEMAND it go to pay the deficit or refunded to us! But the problem is if we accept this and it's used to "help" EVERYONE than how can it ever be used to pay off or pay back.....and one more thing THIS IS A SOCIAL WELFARE PROGRAM!!!!

OK, maybe I worded it wrong. However, I am unemployed...have been looking for employment for 8 months.....and I qualify for Federal help that will possibly provide me help getting a job. If you have a problem with that you can come take if from me, or go $%#& yourself.

Well I am pretty sure I just figured out why you did not get past the VA Previsor. I guess that test does work.

Latest resources

Back