Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Captain Happy

Evening,

Anybody out here gotten any WIA funding in New York State? I cant seem to find anybody that knows what the hell I'm talking about. Any info would help.

Thanks,

Capt "not so" Happy

I'm in a different state, but the unemployment office had the forms to fill out for WIA in NC. Bad news is, at least in NC, the WIA money is almost all gone with the massive amounts of unemployed. Also now there is a $3000 limit per person, where in years past you could get enough for a new type. Not much you can do with $3000 in aviation.

I'm in a different state, but the unemployment office had the forms to fill out for WIA in NC. Bad news is, at least in NC, the WIA money is almost all gone with the massive amounts of unemployed. Also now there is a $3000 limit per person, where in years past you could get enough for a new type. Not much you can do with $3000 in aviation.

Forget just aviation. What the hell can $3000 get you for training in anything? Truck driving school I guess. That's perfect.

Forget just aviation. What the hell can $3000 get you for training in anything? Truck driving school I guess. That's perfect.
Very true. I doubt if $3g's would even cover trucking school. Unfortunately our economy is in the toilet, so I wouldn't be suprised if WIA goes away soon altogether.

Latest resources

Back