• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

WIA funding

Captain Happy

Total Time
+4500
Evening,

Anybody out here gotten any WIA funding in New York State? I cant seem to find anybody that knows what the hell I'm talking about. Any info would help.

Thanks,

Capt "not so" Happy

5w5flyer

Total Time
I'm in a different state, but the unemployment office had the forms to fill out for WIA in NC. Bad news is, at least in NC, the WIA money is almost all gone with the massive amounts of unemployed. Also now there is a $3000 limit per person, where in years past you could get enough for a new type. Not much you can do with $3000 in aviation.

Coool Hand Luke

Total Time
I'm in a different state, but the unemployment office had the forms to fill out for WIA in NC. Bad news is, at least in NC, the WIA money is almost all gone with the massive amounts of unemployed. Also now there is a $3000 limit per person, where in years past you could get enough for a new type. Not much you can do with $3000 in aviation.

Forget just aviation. What the hell can $3000 get you for training in anything? Truck driving school I guess. That's perfect.

5w5flyer

Total Time
Forget just aviation. What the hell can $3000 get you for training in anything? Truck driving school I guess. That's perfect.
Very true. I doubt if $3g's would even cover trucking school. Unfortunately our economy is in the toilet, so I wouldn't be suprised if WIA goes away soon altogether.

soarby007

Total Time
Best way to find out how to do it, etc, is to contact the trainng provider who knows the ropes.