• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

why?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Come on guys/gals, the original poster is just trying to get a rise out of everyone. Don't justify someone's post like this with anymore responses. To be honest, I don't hear anyone ever whinning on the Regional level about how the majors are to blame for our pay or lack of jobs. If I recall, the regionals are providing us with jobs as we speak and the majors are whinning about, OH YES, whinning about how the RJ's are death to their jobs and the constant threats to ban regional fliers from the majors just because we work for a company who's MEC's decided to turn a mainline mec down (which most pilot's didn't care for the decision) on a deal. Now who doesn't understand economics and business? You could ask the same question of the majors, "Why are you whinning so much about the regionals? knowone owes you a job" Trust me, this guy is just trying to get a rise out of everyone on the regional level. Hell, he's probably sitting reserve and is bored out of his mind..........maybe he should try a movie next time.....oh, well....just my two or two and a half cents...........

PS.. Don't get me wrong, in a strange sort of way he has a point, but he should have addressed it too the right group.....the airline industry in general, not just the regionals........I certainly don't have 7000 hours, but it didn't take me long to get checked out in the whinning department....oh, and I was tought by a bunch of mainline guys on how too really refine my whinning......so it happens everwhere......just think, all that time off, nothing too, the Wall Street Journal/Investors Business Daily is just too darn depresing right now to read with the market the way it is........

hmmm said:
Yea Right Cargoboy........ Your just going to happily pick up your flight bag fluff the seat and help the furloughed mainline guy settle down into your seat that you worked so hard to get to at the regional after that mainline guy took his chances and left the regional to follow his dream. Now he expects to slip right back into your chair. Yea Right.

All I can to that is blame the airline and yourself for getting on one that has a flow through program. Ya see here kids the term flow through means both ways. forward and backwards. When times are hard you have to take a bite. times are good you will be the one beating us out who want that job since you are on a flow through program and will recieve the position before us coming into the co. new.
Read your contracts carefully.
I have seen this happen to my friends.
And you are right I would hate to give up my seat but then I signed on to it didn't I.

Thats not the way you spoke about it earlier Cargoboy where you said you would happily give it up. Now if a person were to pick a regional that has a flow through and then the shxt starts sliding backward well then your right you would have to get up and let him have it since you agreed to it. But not like the others who did not agree to it and the so called MEC agreed to it without a vote. Not my airline though so you can only go with what you hear and be apethically pissed off about it.

...and no majors without commuters...or in your case roughneck, no astronauts without SR71 pilots!

...and no majors without commuters

Probably need to lay off the crack pipe if you think there would be no majors without commuters. JB and SWA have never, and will never have a commuter.

I wonder if you sit around and ponder the chicken before the egg thing. Sounds like you just don't get it.

no astronauts without SR71 pilots!

That is not entirely correct. There are a few who didn't fly the 71's. Not many though.

Latest resources

Back