• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

why you put up with all the b.s.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hardly. It's young punks like you who whored themselves out by accepting jobs with peanuts for pay just to build "jet time". Management took great advantage too. How many RJs replaced mainline routes?

Hmmm, yea, your managers park your planes buy smaller ones. Then they park the Turbo-props. So Mainline pilots get fuloughed and there are only $20 hr "small jet" jobs to be had.... Where exactly should we have gone to get the "experience" needed to get to the coveted MAINLINE job? just wondering because after 4 airlines I'd like some advice. JackA$$

Show me the money. If I wasn't getting paid to do this I would be doing something else.

"It's all about the Benjamins" -- Puff Daddy, circa 2002

The old Divorcee' can keep her phone number. I do this job for 2 reasons.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

TIME OFF.

Sadly short on both in these modern aviation days.

Hardly. It's young punks like you who whored themselves out by accepting jobs with peanuts for pay just to build "jet time". Management took great advantage too. How many RJs replaced mainline routes?
How many mainline pilots got greedy and gave those planes to regionals? place blame where you want, but the fact is we wouldn't have to suffer flying a Sh!t box for low wages if you guys didn't sell out. You tell me what jobs we should take? the only starter jobs are regionals.

where on my profile does it show I PFT'd or flew for free/peanuts.

I started as an instructor in the Navy Flying Club. Then on to a 135 airline as an FO then CA. Then to the commuters as an FO and CA then to a Major. I never flew for free or PFT'd.

yes the smaller aircraft paid "low" wages but I suppose your generation demanded 747 wages to start in a Beech 18 or DC-3 right?

You can become an airline pilot in less than two years. There is no standard. Anyone who wants to be an airline pilot will. This has created an oversupply of pilots which allows airlines to pay pilots poverty wages. I know first officers making $23/hour that are afraid to get furloughed. I cannot figure out why. There is not a job out there that pays less.

You can become an airline pilot in less than two years. There is no standard. Anyone who wants to be an airline pilot will. This has created an oversupply of pilots which allows airlines to pay pilots poverty wages. I know first officers making $23/hour that are afraid to get furloughed. I cannot figure out why. There is not a job out there that pays less.

Thats changing quickly. The credit market has collapsed on the student loans for pilots. Student pilot enrollment is at an all time low. Its not worth it to people anymore and not accessible to just anyone anymore.

Latest resources

Back