Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why was the "Ask the DE" thread deleted?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Eagleflip

Gang--
I deleted the thread because we shouldnt use the forum to denigrate individuals, especially when they are specifically named in the thread.

Adding insult to injury, the original poster decided to post as an examiner and give bogus answers to questions, masking his true intentions.

Let's drop this one please.

Thanks!

I did it that way so people can get a good idea of how the conversation went down. If you want me to tell everyone who I am I will just say so and I will tell all my real name. I have nothing to hide as this all is the truth. My name is Victor Shiflett. I live in Baltimore, Maryland. I am a CFI,CFII,MEI.

BTW. Those questions and answers were the truth. I told this story adnausem (sic) over on another messege board that starts with a J and ends in a C

Care to post a link? Some of us went out and grabbed lunch and missed all the excitement.

Perhaps it's relevant to copy here a post that I just made in the Forum Feedback:

===========================================================
Falcon Capt said:
It SURE is funny (more like "Strange") that "TransponderOff" and "ErnieStrange" have EXACTLY the same IP Address... Both from a /\BRAND DELETED/\ address in /\STATE DELETED/\... Gee "Ernie", if you are in Florida then why the heck do you have a /\ACCOUNT TYPE DELETED/\ Account in /\STATE DELETED/\???
I don't think we needed to see any IP address to figure this out. He already admitted it.

Post #21:
transpondersoff said:
All right guys I will confess. I am Ernie Strange. I posted this stuff because Ernie Strange does exist and these are the questions Ernie asked me while I was doing standardization training at ATP at KCRG.

Post #23:
transpondersoff said:
I created a screename in his name to recreate the conversation we had which led to me getting fired. It is the truth.....

I don't think we needed to learn about the guy's ISP or where he lives, though.

By the way, did you check the ISP of the "guy" that "asked" Ernie the first question? I'm takin' bets it's the same, but that's just because I read the thread, not because I have any special access.

I had to move this post here because the original thread has been removed. Hmmm. I don't defend the way transponderoff went about airing his dirty laundry, but isn't banning the guy a little harsh? I've seen far worse personal trashing go untouched.

My 2 cents...

==========================================================

I won't presume to tell a moderator how to do his job - - I know my place here. However, if it's proper to offer an opinion, I will. transpondersoff set out to do a bad thing (name names in public and talk bad about a guy, truth or not) and chose a poor way to do it. That said, the incident, taken as a whole, is far less offensive than many other attacks that we've seen go totally "unrewarded." Perhaps a few days in the slammer, a few moderator-edited posts, or even deleting the thread would have been more in line with precendents that have been previously been established.

Personally, I think Falcon Capt was out of line when he started publishing information about IP Addresses just before the thread was deleted, and he is out of line to have done it on another related thread since.

:(

Eagleflip said:
Adding insult to injury, the original poster decided to post as an examiner and give bogus answers to questions, ...
I'm not defending transpondersoff's method of raising an issue here, but...

It's ironic that you've succinctly stated his complaint - - the DE gave bogus answers.

I think transpondersoff made it clear that he made up the Username, and that he attempted to recreate the interchanges that he had experienced with the stated individual. It was a literary tool used to bring attention to the issue that concerned him. By the time he explained the ruse, I doubt anyone was confused that the Username "claiming" to be a DE was that named individual OR a DE.

Banning seems a little over the top.

(Go ahead, Falcon Capt, and check my IP address, too. It's not the same as any anybody else. I'm at home. :) )

I think transpondersoff made it clear that he made up the Username, and that he attempted to recreate the interchanges that he had experienced with the stated individual.

Not really...... He started the thread and acted as if he was the DE himself. He stated that in the third or fourth post... If was only later after he was called out that he admitted what he was doing..

chperplt said:
Not really...... He started the thread and acted as if he was the DE himself. He stated that in the third or fourth post... If was only later after he was called out that he admitted what his motives were.
He wasn't called out. He got a conversation started, and then he explained what he had done. I have the thread copied if you'd like to review it.

:)

Actually, he gave his own name AND location... http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?t=59212

TranspondersOff = ErnieStrange = Rich Tillery = flyifrvfr

The Moderators have plenty of work to do besides chasing around some disgruntled CFI who keeps registering different names on this board to make trouble... "Flyifrvfr" has spent an inordinate amount of time in the "Penalty Box" since it's inception, he is obviously prone to making trouble... The (volunteer) Moderators have better things to do with their time than baby-sit someone like this... Being a member of this board is NOT right, it is a privledge, remember this IS a privately run board...

They can check IP addresses? Crap! Now everyone's gonna know that AvBug, Bobbysanmd and FNFAL are really just me.:eek:

Latest resources

Back