Why the RJDC is sooo nervous

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Heavy,

But, passengers used to props love seeing RJs on their ramps. I think there will be a place for 50 seat RJs---flying mainly to places without LCC service that can't support a larger aircraft. I still think they are a great alternative to a prop.

Bye Bye--General Lee

NYRANGERS said:
I know it makes many feel better to play the victim, but we are not all out to "get you rj guys".
If you didn't have any problem with "us rj guys" then why are you spending your time here in the "regionals" boards trying to pick a fight?

We just fly the routs that we're assigned, none of us are involved with the market planning dept.

GogglesPisano said:
I had a guy the other day who walked down the jetway, saw the size of the RJ, said "no way!" and turned around and got off.

I'm more than a little nervous that my airline (FlyI) is staking it's short-term future on these microjets with their CASM. I don't enjoy flying them. I bid the first Airbus FO class I could hold. I thank God I have the option to do that -- I consider it a stroke of dumb luck that is worth any loss of job security that comes with my airline's transformation.

The RJ cockpits are ergonomic, though.

That's too funny.........

GogglesPisano said:
I had a guy the other day who walked down the jetway, saw the size of the RJ, said "no way!" and turned around and got off.

I'm more than a little nervous that my airline (FlyI) is staking it's short-term future on these microjets with their CASM. I don't enjoy flying them. I bid the first Airbus FO class I could hold. I thank God I have the option to do that -- I consider it a stroke of dumb luck that is worth any loss of job security that comes with my airline's transformation.

The RJ cockpits are ergonomic, though.

That's too funny......

Hey "afixedwing" NYR,The"Snake rider"and the rest are closet regional groupies. Yes it's true!!! Secretly skulking these pages in need of a kind word and encouragement from their peers......ASA pilots!

...by-the-way WHY is the RJDC sooo nervous....???? The suspense is madding......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....

But, passengers used to props love seeing RJs on their ramps. I think there will be a place for 50 seat RJs---flying mainly to places without LCC service that can't support a larger aircraft. I still think they are a great alternative to a prop.

General,
Not all pax complain about props. MANY time I have passengers tell me the ATR is much less claustrophobic than the RJ. The cabin is wider and taller. Props? Yeah, big deal. I have never had a passenger turn around and walk off. Every passenger has their own ideas and opinions about flying in whatever airplane that is at the gate. Myself, I would rather be in an RJ for a 1, maybe 2 hr flight than be in 45A or F on a 757...been there several times.
This thing can be beat to death for the next thousand years. Some people will ALWAYS complain about ANYTHING...middle seat, little plane, props, no food, rude employees, cnx'ed flights, hard landings, (sorry, but HEY the last one was sweet!!)
It will not be like it was in the 707 or DC-8 days anymore...passengers were courteous, thankful, and BEHAVED, and so were the employees!!!

skydiverdriver said:
On another note, I have noticed a lot of people actually like rj's. They like the fact that they can get out of them faster, and they are quieter than many mainline aircraft.

(insert sarcasm here)Sure, what's not to like about an airplane you can't even board (in most cases) from a jetway. Nothing like walking across a loud tarmac, having your rollerboard taken from you (because it won't fit in the overhead) and walking in the pouring rain or cold and blowing snow!
The rj has its place, and its not on routes like DFW-SNA! I agree with the General!

737 Pylt said:
(insert sarcasm here)Sure, what's not to like about an airplane you can't even board (in most cases) from a jetway. Nothing like walking across a loud tarmac, having your rollerboard taken from you (because it won't fit in the overhead) and walking in the pouring rain or cold and blowing snow!
The rj has its place, and its not on routes like DFW-SNA! I agree with the General!
Get a life. What personality defect possesses you to come to our section of the forums, gloat about the fact that you fly bigger aircraft thane we do, and berate our equipment. We're just trying to make a living and support our families.
You win the pi$$ing contest, now go away.

I have to agree with AFIXEDWING.....

My problem all along with Generall Lee and FDJ is that they troll the "REGIONAL" board, where they dont even work at, and look for threads to jump in on, and in some cases hijack, and knock everything we do! Our airplanes suck, pax hate us, were taking paycuts, our companies are downsizing, we're sharing the pain, we're stealing their flying, we dont support the furloughs!!!!!!!!!!!! It gets sooooo tiring! WE GET IT! We are low rank, second class dirt! We steal flying, we make too much compared to Mesa, and everyone hates flying on us! Cant we just have our own discussions about these things without the Delta guys jumping on???? Isnt there Delta stuff to discuss with all the Delta buddies? I know, everyone is entitled to an opinion, but in my opinion they are overkill! Just leave us alone already!

Uh, not using jetways has nothing to do with the aircraft. It has to do with the choices the mainline carrier makes. I heard that Eagle uses jetways at every station they serve. And, people want to get off an airplane quickly, no matter what size they are.

Latest resources

Back