Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why the long delay on our LOA 93 arbitration?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

charlie2

The arbitrator heard our LOA 93 pay rates case in Feb 2010 with final briefs in June 2010. REALLY? It takes an educated, experienced arbitrator years to make a decision? I heard he had surgery and that delayed things but we are not asking him to raid bin ladens compound. After my surgery I was on line doing my banking, books for my side biz and of course FI.com while I was healing so I think he could have been doing any research to help support his award. I may be going out on a limb here and I'm very sure you will tell me in no uncertain terms but I think the lack of a decision is hurting all US Airways pilots...ya eastinfections and westicles. If we got a decision from him two or three months after the process finally ended, which would be a YEAR ago, I think things might be very differant here...either way he decided. Right now many eastinfections feel that they will get a very good increase in pay as soon as the arbitrator rules in favor of the pilots so why would they be in a rush to get a contract with the nic award? But if he decided in favor of management (which he probably will) then maybe we easties would be pushing harder for a contract even containing the dreaded nic award. Just make a decision already it's just our pay in question.

I believe he gets to explain his findings in "executive session" with USAPA reps and management attending. So far it has not been scheduled. I would imagine that both sides want the TRO legal proceedings to conclude first.

Please don't tell me there are easties who truly believe they'll win that arbitration:rolleyes:

Please please please.......nobody tell them about Santa Claus or the easter bunny. I think those poor bastards heads might explode

Please don't tell me there are easties who truly believe they'll win that arbitration:rolleyes:

Please please please.......nobody tell them about Santa Claus or the easter bunny. I think those poor bastards heads might explode

I love playing craps and blackjack but would never bet on how an arbitrator would decide. I don't think we'll win but there is a chance. It is interesting that he is taking so long. If he thinks like you and the east pilots are so wrong why didn't he just do his job and come out with an award quoting the "status quo" tenants of the RLA...or is he looking at some precedent where an LOA can have an experation date and he is being really careful to dot his i's and cross his t's in his award for the pilots? What? There is no Easter Bunny...I just lost another bet!

Don't blame Kasher. The only thing hurting your pilot group is USAPA. Why most Eastholes can't see that is impossible to understand. If Kasher absolutely lost his mind and awarded half a billion dollars to the East you have to know that Parker would never pay a cent of it. He flatly stated so. It's just going to be another epic legal battle that will end when every Usapian retires or dies. The sooner USAPA gets tossed on the trash heap the sooner a real union can enter the property, the sooner life can improve for EVERYBODY not just the East at the sole expense of the West.

Latest resources

Back