Why Signature ???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
350DRIVER said:
I would always use a Signature whenever I had that option and all pax were thankful/happy/pleased due to the facilities, customer service, etc. Some of this "my Falcon can't be #1 on the line due to all the NetJets coming/going", blah, blah, isn't that important is it?. A three aircraft flight department is bringing in "peanuts" for them when compared to the revenue that NetJets creates for them, look at the whole picture here before you go blasting a company that continues to provide very good service due to a chip on the owner's shoulder.
Even on the DO-328 jet corporate side of things, number 1 on the line wasn't even a concern nor did pax need to be "seen" getting off the equipment.

Isn't having an aircraft "on-line" as opposed to the back 40 considered Customer Service? And if you're going to park the aircraft out there and refuse to pull it up (even though the front several spots are open, you should have a van available to take the pax to the aircraft. That's called customer service.
Customer service would mean taking an equal approach to each and every aircraft that enters their ramp. I've been to other FBO's that will still park my little falcon right at the front door so that my pax can unload and be on his way with minimal time on the noisy ramp and out in the elements. That same FBO will have a tug hooked up within 3 minutes of us unloading so that they can tow us away to make room for that G5 that is on it's way in. They could have easily just parked us miles away and have driven out to pick us up but they understand what CUSTOMER SERVICE is. And you know what, service like that doesn't go unnoticed.
I don't expect #1 on-line, but I do expect to be within a short walk to the aircraft. My pax pays good money to fly his aircraft and it's our job to provide good service to him. We weren't recieving that service at some signatures and have since stopped going to them.

Illini is right on. Plenty of FBO's do just fine providing great customer service to everyone - not just the guys with the deepest pockets.

Flying Illini said:
Isn't having an aircraft "on-line" as opposed to the back 40 considered Customer Service? And if you're going to park the aircraft out there and refuse to pull it up (even though the front several spots are open, you should have a van available to take the pax to the aircraft. That's called customer service.
Customer service would mean taking an equal approach to each and every aircraft that enters their ramp. I've been to other FBO's that will still park my little falcon right at the front door so that my pax can unload and be on his way with minimal time on the noisy ramp and out in the elements. That same FBO will have a tug hooked up within 3 minutes of us unloading so that they can tow us away to make room for that G5 that is on it's way in. They could have easily just parked us miles away and have driven out to pick us up but they understand what CUSTOMER SERVICE is. And you know what, service like that doesn't go unnoticed.
I don't expect #1 on-line, but I do expect to be within a short walk to the aircraft. My pax pays good money to fly his aircraft and it's our job to provide good service to him. We weren't recieving that service at some signatures and have since stopped going to them.

Having the aircraft up on the first row, in front of the door, and a shiny little mat on the ground doesn't always happen in reality no matter what FBO you are using, possibly in a fantasy world. It isn't viewed as "customer service" when you have 75 other aircraft already there and more coming in. It is merely a courtesy that is extended and it is certainly not guaranteed. Try requesting being up front and close to the door at Signature in LAS, MEM, and other busy airports. I have never had any of your problems and have used Signature for years and to this day whenever I fly around in a friend's CJ we always will make certain to go into Signatures for the above reasons in my previous post. If you are (were) that unsatisfied then you should have spoken to a line supervisor and voiced your complaints, concerns, etc, service like that shouldn't go unnoticed since Signature prides itself on being top notch. Every time I ever had to be on the "back line" a van was waiting stby to take the pax to the terminal with no delay whatsoever. That same van was waiting stby to take all pax/crew back to the airplane when it was departure time, again with no delay whatsoever and I have used Signature for a long time.

Being a little cooperative and understanding goes a long way for all people involved considering how busy these places can get during the peak times of the business week.

Your pax pays good money just as all t h e other pax paying top dollar to charter or operate the equipment. He is no better than the many other people who wish/desire to be "close" within walking distance which sometimes does not always happen.

I cannot recall even just one complaint from any passenger(s) when we were stuck out in BFE having to use a van to get to the executive terminal.

A couple of minutes delay never killed anyone that I have ever come across on a Signature ramp.

If you want to make a difference, post your comments at www.airnav.com. I know the Signature higher-ups read the stuff there, and they don't want any bad comments written about their service.

350DRIVER said:
A couple of minutes delay never killed anyone that I have ever come across on a Signature ramp.

That's the whole point here. A couple of minutes delay sound like nothing, but the fact that Mr. GotBucks has spent X amount of millions of dollars on his own corporate transportation (or the company's) is to eliminate that "couple" of minutes delay. The delay might not bother you, but you have no idea if it truly bothers the boss or not. If you just ASSUME it does not and it's something he can live with, then you are not doing your job.

You can be the "Signature Apoligist" all day long, but they have some nickle and diming issues that until worked out, are going to cause a lot of pilots and passengers to avoid their FBOs. Why is their fuel ALWAYS much higher that anyone else's fuel on the field? Why don't they have an 800#. WHy do we pay handling fees? Why do they take it personally when you dont buy fuel? Why don't they let everyone know they are foreign owned? Why do professional pilots have such a distain for Signatures? They ALL didn't just make these stories up.

757BBJ_Capt said:
That's the whole point here. A couple of minutes delay sound like nothing, but the fact that Mr. GotBucks has spent X amount of millions of dollars on his own corporate transportation (or the company's) is to eliminate that "couple" of minutes delay. The delay might not bother you, but you have no idea if it truly bothers the boss or not. If you just ASSUME it does not and it's something he can live with, then you are not doing your job.

You can be the "Signature Apoligist" all day long, but they have some nickle and diming issues that until worked out, are going to cause a lot of pilots and passengers to avoid their FBOs. Why is their fuel ALWAYS much higher that anyone else's fuel on the field? Why don't they have an 800#. WHy do we pay handling fees? Why do they take it personally when you dont buy fuel? Why don't they let everyone know they are foreign owned? Why do professional pilots have such a distain for Signatures? They ALL didn't just make these stories up.

The question is not whether or not the delay bothers me, one learns to be a little understanding given the circumstances . Most of the passengers understand and realize this can and will take place depending on the time of the day. Was I happy sitting in traffic for 4 hours on an LA freeway last week?. I think not but one comes to accept it. I am not sure I am a "Signature Apoligist", I am merely a satisfied customer that has been pleased with all service I have ever gotten while frequenting Signature. Your guess is as good as mine on the other questions that you have raised. It is either a love or hate relationship with Signature. If for any reason(s) you are not satisfied then by all means one should write a formal complaint or make a phone call. It seems that many of the senior level management does take feedback seriously. Whenever I have ever placed a written suggestion in the box or praised a Signature employee for outstanding service I have usually received a follow up phone call by a management person. It would appear that they monitor their day to day operations somewhat closely.

Thanks for writing back. I guess my issue is the consistant leack of service I feel Signature fails to provide. For the price of thier fuel, that place should be 1st class, and I just do not believe that they are. I'll pay that higher fuel price to offset the 800# that they have, or the handling fees, but that is not the case. They hit pilots with fees here and fees there and still charge too much for the services that they provide. It's already too expensive as it is, and to get beat time after time over the head with these fees is something I will not put up with. Other FBOs do all the things we hae talked about and manage just fine without breaking our backs. Doing business that way might work in Europe, but they will not get my business until someone is brought in there with a broom to clean house.

350DRIVER said:
The question is not whether or not the delay bothers me, one learns to be a little understanding given the circumstances . Most of the passengers understand and realize this can and will take place depending on the time of the day. Was I happy sitting in traffic for 4 hours on an LA freeway last week?. I think not but one comes to accept it. I am not sure I am a "Signature Apoligist", I am merely a satisfied customer that has been pleased with all service I have ever gotten while frequenting Signature. Your guess is as good as mine on the other questions that you have raised. It is either a love or hate relationship with Signature. If for any reason(s) you are not satisfied then by all means one should write a formal complaint or make a phone call. It seems that many of the senior level management does take feedback seriously. Whenever I have ever placed a written suggestion in the box or praised a Signature employee for outstanding service I have usually received a follow up phone call by a management person. It would appear that they monitor their day to day operations somewhat closely.

What's with the "security" at Signature? For example at KLAS they'd have a guy checking the ID's of every person there. Fair enough, but when you're picking up highly visible movie stars do they really need to go out of their way to shake the person down before we can go on the ramp? I understand if it's some new celeb they don't recognise. But when it's Tom Selleck, Pierce Brosnan or the like who've been around awhile and everyone knows... It's embarrasing.

I don't fly movie stars anymore. I also avoid Signatures whenever possible.

I'm an X-Signature Ramp Rat. I spent over three years of my life there, three years I will never get back. Knowing the inner workings of that company, all I can say is that I am amazed that a company who operates like they do is still in business. If I decide to go the corporate route, I will do everything in my power to never go to any SFS FBO anywhere.

Latest resources

Back