• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why Signature ???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Signature sucs, about a year ago I went to the one in JAX with a student, and when we got there the woman in the front desk looked at me and said, "Danm it, another little airplane, what do you want?"

I said I want you to bend over and....... J/K i got my free hot dog, 8 gals ov avgas and left!

Flying Illini said:
Hilarious! We go in there 3-5 times a week, sometimes twice in one day. They know us so well and the CSR's usually take care of us but there are a few line personel that bite the big one.
The facility also sucks. That's why the company we fly for built us our own crew room at their corp. offices. We have a top floor, corner "exective" office. Cable TV, bathroom, wetbar, fridge, icemaker, coffee, all the free snacks and drinks we want, a couch, two NICE recliners, a conference table, a computer with high speed interenet and a wireless router, and a phone. It rocks. We just take a company car that is kept parked at DET and drive over there, we've got keys to the building and the room. They are working on getting us a DVD player, sometimes we will take Xbox or Playstation2 up there and play all day. It sure helps pass the time when you don't have to be at the airport. It's nice and quiet, there is no transient foot traffic (we have our own hallway), and it's only us two guys in the room. It's a sweet deal...wish we had that everywhere we flew.

If your company has to build you a special crew room that doens't say alot for the signature at kdet. They are the laziest bunch of worthless employees I have ever seen.
And the gun shots you hear from the ramp is just a plus to the situation.

Can I be your friend?

Flying Illini said:
Hilarious! We go in there 3-5 times a week, sometimes twice in one day. They know us so well and the CSR's usually take care of us but there are a few line personel that bite the big one.
The facility also sucks. That's why the company we fly for built us our own crew room at their corp. offices. We have a top floor, corner "exective" office. Cable TV, bathroom, wetbar, fridge, icemaker, coffee, all the free snacks and drinks we want, a couch, two NICE recliners, a conference table, a computer with high speed interenet and a wireless router, and a phone. It rocks. We just take a company car that is kept parked at DET and drive over there, we've got keys to the building and the room. They are working on getting us a DVD player, sometimes we will take Xbox or Playstation2 up there and play all day. It sure helps pass the time when you don't have to be at the airport. It's nice and quiet, there is no transient foot traffic (we have our own hallway), and it's only us two guys in the room. It's a sweet deal...wish we had that everywhere we flew.

...and I won't even complain about not having N64!

It's because W. Buffett owns both of them. He's building up quite a monopoly on business level general aviation.

beernuts said:
It's because W. Buffett owns both of them. He's building up quite a monopoly on business level general aviation.

Negative! That must be one of those rumors that pilots hear and then take it to be the truth without doing their own homework. Buffett or Berkshire Hathaway does NOT own Signature or any part of it. Signature is owned by BBA Group PLC, which is Brittish. Buffett's only GA holdings are NJA, NJI, and FSI. He also owns insurance companies, but they do more than aviation insurance. He madea vast majority of his initial wealt in the insurance business. When I am ready to unload that ocean front land I am sitting on in Arizona I now know where to advertise it for sale.

Still wondering if any Floppers have used the alternate MMU facility and have any comments. From reading the email sent by the company it sounds like a cluster
f()ck.

Flechas said:
... the woman in the front desk looked at me and said, "Danm it, another little airplane, what do you want?"
That's when you say, "Well, I was wondering if you had hangar space for the GV I'm bringing in next week, I guess we'll just tanker fuel when we come through."

We were at an FBO last week (not Signature) and they said we needed to buy 400 gallons to waive the ramp fee ($400). 400 gallons @ $4.00/gallon or $400 bucks. Give me a break. With logic like that, I don't know how they sell ANY fuel.

PS....Signature DET is the worst FBO period.......Signature or not.

We've been going up there (KDET) for several years now and we just recently got "our room" at the corp. offices. We have spent waaaaayyy too much time hanging around at that SIG facility. I even figured out how to get up into that old tower cab!
I am in no way defending the SIG at DET. It is a hole and most of the folks that work there are as well. BUT I will say that Linda (CSR) has always taken good care of us (but I'm sure this is because we have spent sooo much time up there. She knows all of us by name and has even lent us her car once upon a time.). We asked when SIG was going to put some money into the facility. They said that it wasn't going to happen until the city of DET gave that SIG more than a year-long lease.
We'll see.
I'm just glad we don't have to hang out there anymore and I feel sorry for all those that have to.

On a positive note...

Signature used to let us use the courtesy car during the day at KYIP, eventhough my company didn't buy gas there (P31-310) operator. And we ate the popcorn and used the weather computers, etc. They were always accomodating when able.

At KBWI, you need a sponsor to buy an employee parking pass. After having a pass every year since 1989, I could not even buy one for the $450.

I went to the manager at signature to ask for sponsorship, since I used to fly corporate there and pick up clients. He offered to let me park in the signature lot for free.

Yeah, they are big and expensive and service can be lacking at times, but they have been nice to me.

Jeff

Latest resources

Back