• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why? Please tell me why!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
These people need to go if they are not going to dress properly! The Dress code is clearly stated in everyones FOM! this is part of what we get paid for!!!!

These people need to go if they are not going to dress properly! The Dress code is clearly stated in everyones FOM! this is part of what we get paid for!!!!
You're trying to give intelligent, mature insight to immature, spoiled people who are too shallow-minded to understand the importance of professional appearance.

You're trying to give intelligent, mature insight to immature, spoiled people who are too shallow-minded to understand the importance of professional appearance.

I never liked you at ACA and I certainly dont like you now!

So what airline was it - Air Wisconsin, Piedmont, PSA, or Chautauqua?

I saw a PDT FO there a couple months back that was straight out of Flightinfo...leather jacket with epaulets, no hat with spikey gelled hair, and a backpack over his shoulder. Only thing missing were white iPod earbuds...but his Bluetooth headset made that impossible.

Did I think he looked unprofessional? Yeah I did. Does that make him unprofessional? No...but it didn't help his cause looking 16 years old. Did I say anything to him? No, because I don't work for Piedmont and I'm not his daddy.

Do we *really* need to have this professional appearance discussion every frigging month?

I started a thread a while back about the United Express "C" concourse at O'Hare-- more to the point, how unprofessional some of the pilots looked. My point was simply that professional appearence is important and passengers notice!!

Well, anyway, yesterday I was passing through the US Express terminal at PHL... and I saw an FO (the airline for which they work will remain anonymous) who looked like an utter disgrace. I mean, bad...

Drumroll please... this FO wore combat boots with a huge red backpack saddled on over their ratty blazer. As if the backpack isn't enough, the thing had two full bottles of watter hanging out of the side pockets. It reminded me of that redneck fan from the movie "The Waterboy" who wore a hat that fed water to him in the form of two water tubes. The FO looked like a boy scout going on a camping trip with their special blankie stuffed into their very special backpack that they probably bought at Walmart for $1.69. The only thing missing was a G.I. Joe decal sewn in next to the LL Bean logo.

Passengers were looking at this pilot like, "THIS PERSON is going to be flying my airplane??? I better go pray now. Where's the airport chapel?"

So, again, I ask, WHY? Please tell me why! You backpack pilots who wear your classy combat boots aren't doing any of us any favors. You should be embarassed and confine yourselves to your desktop Microsoft Flight Simulators where you skillfully land C-182s on some ficticious aircraft carrier.

Thanks for reading this venting session.

Tom C.

I wish such people would enlist in the Marines.....I am sure he'll clearly learn to define the words discipline and professionalism....

I'd say ipods and backpacks really don't look professional but I wouldn't not use them for the sake of the passengers. I really don't give a frog's fat a$$ about the passengers. Don't worry, as long as the ticket is the cheapest, they will fly no matter what the pilot looks like.....they might b!tch about it but, I assure you, they will still get on the plane if the price is right.

Pride and self respect should have nothing to do with how others see you. They also have nothing to do with paychecks. You arent asked to wear designer clothing but to take care of the ones you have. It takes a few seconds in the men's room while washing hands to wipe down your shoes. It takes a few minutes to iron your shirt in the hotel. If you are going to buy the uniform have them tailored it wont break the checkbook. It is all tax deductible anyway. Are you so spineless that because you think you arent treated well you will just be a bum? Do you stomp your feet and hold your breath too. The most comical is when you have little kids who are fresh out of school and never had a real job before complain how they are underpaid and disrespected. Then maybe you dont have enough respect for yourself to begin with if you would subject yourself to such unfair treatment. If you entered aviation business after 2001 then you knew what you were getting into. It is the people that had to live through that and see how the industry changed and how what they became familiar with was taken away. They can complain. Some RJ puke who was working as a waiter a year ago while in school should go home to mommy. If you graduated with an aviation degree post 9/11 then you are too stupid to even use precious oxygen. Pride and self respect come from within..... Period. Strange how those who are "expressing their individuality look like everyone else that are expressing their individuality". Oh and for all you cyber tough guys, I did confront some little puke about this one night. A local bar across the street from airport where a few overnight crews were hanging out. He tried to step up and I dropped him like a pension plan.

This guys was about 5’5 or shorter; wore his uniform with pants about two inches above his ankles, light grey socks didn’t match his shoes or pants (socks must match pants in any kind of suit worn; Etiquette 101), in fact his socks stood out the most, his ties was about five inches too short…perhaps because he had a massive beer belly (he was obese), the knot in his ties was two inches below where it should’ve been; top button on his shirt didn’t exist and rest of the buttons were ‘hanging by the thread’, pardon the pun, in a helpless situation against the massive internal pressure exerted by his clogged organs; his shoes dirty, yes, not only there weren’t polished, they were dirty; don’t even ask how badly wrinkled his uniform was, hat wasn’t worn properly, and, drum roll please…he walked in pulling his overnight and flight back with the left arm while in his right was a massive (super-sized of course) McDonald’s pop. His teeth looked yellow and his mustache untrimmed.

Nice to know there's still a few old Southern Airlines bubbas hanging around....

BTW: at my airline the backpacks are usually worn by FFDO's.....

A little Barry Manilow thrown in for good measure perhaps?
:)

His name was MOron....
He was a Pile It...
He had a pack on his back containing Ray Bans.....

(Not creative enough to finish the song....)

[/color][/font][/i][/b]

Excellent idea!! I would much rather wear buisness casual than what we wear now.
Ya know, about 7 years ago, I recall a few Skywest pilots wearing multicolor polo shirts. They were cool looking shirts, but it was harder to recognize who the pilots were.

Latest resources

Back