• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why? Please tell me why!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good lord... people like you guys are the reason my last company's manual had to specify that you shouldn't sit in wheelchairs at the gate!

"Well, it doesn't say I can't do that in the manual..." Pretty soon, the manual's an inch thicker because they have to keep spelling out things that ought to be common sense, but aren't to some of these people.

Sad.

God, who cares. How about worrying about our pay being crap, or our QOL being sh!t.

God, who cares. How about worrying about our pay being crap, or our QOL being sh!t.

I believe that was a justification early on in this thread. The company treats you poorly, so don't bother looking the part.

1) Two wrongs don't make a right.

2) The flying public doesn'y know that the company treats the employees like k-rap. If they see a sloppy pilot, they will assume that is the way you fly. Don't sacrafice your professionalism for the sake of an inside statement.

Here's an idea: Hook the backpack on the rollerboard.

Guys 30 yrs ago nobody used wheels to carry stuff when on a trip. You will notice some of us older guys arms hang down to our knees from carrying a Flight bag and suitcase by hand for many yrs. It took a while as first came the frames with wheels and then the fancy suitcases with internal wheels and it was not overnight before people stopped looking down on pilots with wheels. So here we are and everybody uses wheel's.So now please don't be offended when you see me walking to my 400 with my nice new leather BACKBACK that I'm having made very cheaply in BOM. And if you don't like how it looks just come on over and say something to me...I would love to respond to you face to face....

Last edited:
I don't think my manual says anything about beanies. So can I wear a beanie then, of course with a hat medallion

LOL, be careful fried chicken! I started a thread several months ago, after I saw an airline pilot walking down the terminal wearing a beanie & sporting a beard and I got my pee-pee spanked for saying the word beanie. :rolleyes:

Blah blah blah...You'll find unprofessional people in EVERY line of work at every level. Maybe you should tell the mainline pilot on my flight that it was unprofessional to "need" a seatbelt extension while flying non-rev in uniform.

Why not use a backpack? Just be sure to get one that looks good and matches the rest of the stuff you've got with you. I know quite a few doctors and lawyers who use backpacks on their ways to and from work. However, they're always clean shaven or trimmed and their clothes look good. Despite what some people may think, the way we look reflects on us, our companies (already know we don't care about them), and more importantly, our profession.

As for the flight cases I've only heard of the Bro drivers using soft backpacks for that because they don't have case holders. In the jets though, flight cases are so useful! And a good one looks pretty decent, sort of like an extra large briefcase.

On regional pay, that backpack was the one he used in high school (got new for his senior year, makes the backpack only 3 years old!), and the combat boots came from the military, where he's on reserves, but still can't afford to buy a new pair of shoes, even with payroll deduct.

Does it come to anyone's surprise that Newman carries a backpack?

I'm beginning to wonder about his iTunes Library...I'm gonna put even money on him having The Complete Barbara Streisand Collection on his iPod.

Now that's funny I don't care who ya are!:D

Latest resources

Back