• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

WHY o Why??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This thread is about to make me cry. I thank all of you on FI for helping me make SOUTHWEST the best airline in the world...C'mon stop drinkin the Kool-aid.

P.S...Jetblue is a superior product.

This thread is about to make me cry. I thank all of you on FI for helping me make SOUTHWEST the best airline in the world...C'mon stop drinkin the Kool-aid.

P.S...Jetblue is a superior product.

We're the "old dog" in this comparison...hard to teach an old dog new tricks...hopefully we can keep up.

Jetblue does have a great product and sometimes we think the company should be keeping up with the jones' a little better, but so far we're hangin' in there. Ride the wave baby while you got it.

" MY tomorrow will be full of good fortune, fun and security..."

Always good to have a positive outlook, and I really do like SWA and think they have a great history and culture going for them.

I hope you are right in the rather Pollyannish statement you have made above...But this IS the airline industry you are talking about.

You might want to temper the optimism with a slight dose of reality...

R.I.P. :

> Eastern

> Pan Am

> Braniff

> TWA

> Etc. , etc., etc., etc., etc., ....

YKMKR

" MY tomorrow will be full of good fortune, fun and security............ about.

You might want to temper the optimism with a slight dose of reality...

R.I.P. :

> Eastern

> Pan Am

> Braniff

> TWA

> Etc. , etc., etc., etc., etc., ....

YKMKR
This is FI we do not deal in reality, we deal in a "What I would like to be" is reality.

Thanks Skybus

Skybus,

I never went through bankruptcy and hope I never do. It obviously can taint someone with a level of bitterness that can last a life time. Obviously it didn't impact you that way and was obviously one of the reasons SWA chose you to join their pilot corps.

I too feel fortunate to be at SWA and find the constant sniping of some on here toward SWA. I share no ill will toward other carriers as I have friends at all of those carrriers and don't wish for my friends to be out of work.

Business model, leadership, customer service oriented and measured responses are just a few of the intangibles that makes SWA successful. Each of those elements are reasons for failure by other carriers I believe; most of those are outside the control of a pilot and therefore it is difficult to sit by and watch while bad decisons are being made around you and watching your company implode around you.

Thanks for your service Skybus and hope you continue your carrier with the same enthusiasm you show with your post.

I do an informal survey each time it is my leg and simply ask the passengers, "how many first time flyers" and "how many are flying SWA because of bags fly free"...generally 5-15 folks depending on capacity but that tells me the idea of saving money for pax is still important and we will continue to collect all of the leakage from other carriers of those passengers who are leaving the other carriers who do charge for bags....1/2 % per carrier isn't a lot individually but collectively SWA appears to be gaining share that will move it from its current 17% of domestic passengers.

I recently spent 2 hours in Starbucks and at table next to me was a couple that spent 2 hours booking reservations for long distance relationship. Back and forth they went all the while discussing price price and price. On every segment they discussed they always included the cost of their bags into the equation. We were often not the cheapest BUT the bag issue usually brought us to or near the top. My first example of witnessing a decision based on the checked bag issue.

Bus

Latest resources

Back