Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why no American operators of the BAE - 146?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
BAE, the only aircraft maker who can make an underpowered A/C with four engines. That said I am sure it will be my favorite aircraft I will ever fly for the airlines. It was soooooo nice

A few of them have made their way to Africa. I used to talk to ex Air Whiskey guys all the time on the ramp throughout Central Africa. Its a great airplane over there because they are cheap to get, bullet proof and the price of fuel means nothing to the airlines. They look sexy with the Congolese Flag painted on the tail ;-)

Ok, do you know why it had 4 engines????

Because they could not fit 6!

Say what you want, I loved the AVR-146. Slow, but comfortable. My favorite was doing Mach .70 out of HPN in the flow west bound with NY ARTCC, always good fun.

I always wanted to fly the BAE-146. After a contract I did for Parc in the late 90s, I was returning to my airline whom I had taken leave from. Parc wanted me to keep working for them. They asked if there was any contract that I'd be interested in to keep me... offered me 747/ A340 type stuff, etc. I told them, I want to fly the Avro RJ. Huh? Yep, if ya' can't find me a gig on that plane then I'll just go back to my airline. And back I went. They weren't able to get me a job on one without time on type.

How is the cockpit on the 146? Looks comfortable.

It was way more comfortable than a 737, or even a DC-9 as I recall. Of course they were brand new AVR-146s fresh from the factory.

Latest resources

Back