• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.

Delta777

I thought PFT is the way to go if you want to make it to the majors?

I hope to do it sometime soon. Since I don't want to have a low paying job for long (CFI) I want to get to the majors as fast as I can and climb the seniority lists.

Get a grip dude.

Hey, I'd gargle peanut butter if it got my a major job, but it aint going to happen right now. That's the way it is, that's where the industry is, and with all the poor guys and gals with booko hours walking the streets, 200 hours in a KingAir is not going to make you any more marketable then if you tattoed "What's life without United" on your forehead.

Save the cash, buy mom another tatto and stay away from the neighbor kids.

Delta777 said:
I thought PFT is the way to go if you want to make it to the majors?

I hope to do it sometime soon. Since I don't want to have a low paying job for long (CFI) I want to get to the majors as fast as I can and climb the seniority lists.
[/QUOTE

DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS

Must be a RJDC supporter since he used Delta in his user name (TIC - a dig at all the "conspiracy theories" - including my own - on this board)

Basically, PFT means that you are paying for a job, which would ordinarily require an employer to hire and pay a competant individual to perform a valuable service. This displaces a qualified pilot from having a job, and there is a great deal of resentment over this issue, as a small group of people feel that it is more expediant to avoid the traditional learning process and "dues paying" of instructing and other paid flying to try and "butt in line".

When you do this, you are lowering the professional standards of aviation to that of the Chicken Ranch, a famous whore house.

Is is said that many pilots on interview boards, those who will decide whether or not to hire you, take a very dim view of PFT time in the logbook. This could backfire on you.

Why should a sleazy operator choose to spend money to hire professioanl pilots and keep them current when he can have an endless revolving door of pilot wannabees who are willing to pay for the priviledge of sitting in the right seat of a single pilot certified turboprop?

The more you learn about our industry, the less you will find PFT an attractive way to go. Do a search here on the board. It is one of our most often discussed topics, and it ususally starts with a post like yours.

Not the way to the Majors

Many of the airlines are keeping lists now of the sketchy operators who charge their FOs for their time. If you come from one, there is no longer any presumption of competence. Because there is no possibility of you washing out if you suck. You pay their bills, so you stay. No matter how bad a pilot you are.

With no history of anyone seeing fit to invest in you. With no proven skills. With no time that matters because you were never in danger of losing your "job", your PFT time is worth significantly less than time earned in other ways. Including instructor time. The majors are wising up to this rapidly.

Remember, John Travolta bought himself a PPC on a 737 (757?). Do you think anyone would hire him fly one?

Thats the real reason why PFT isn't worth it. It's a sham. Wool over the eyes of fat-pocketed dreamers.

And as for the Majors, you stand an excellent chance of irrepairably sullying your career if you PFT. They want people who had the drive, and the talent, to earn it. People that other companies saw fit to invest in.

Not chumps who thought they could buy it.

Fly safe.

I dont understand why you guys keep posting this flamebait here. PFT has been discussed to death on this board. Click on Search and type in PFT and youll have your answer

If all you want to do is "climb the seniority lists at the majors" may I suggest another line of work

The majors need pilots not ladder climbers

Flamebait.

Minh

Timebuilder said:
Is is said that many pilots on interview boards, those who will decide whether or not to hire you, take a very dim view of PFT time in the logbook. This could backfire on you.

That's an urban legend. A couple of thousand guys at the former PFT regionals (like COEx, Chautauqua, Express I, ACA, ASA, Comair) have stepped up to the majors without nary a mention of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back