• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why is it that no one addresses the afte

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You sound like you think the Airline Industry would track their training programs, and determine where the system deficiencies are, and devise a training program that works, or give flight schools or other training environments some feedback as to the need for training in these identified areas...huh?...something like that?...
No, we haven't come that far yet.

Why is it that no one addresses the after hire process and the pitfalls of a 3 or 4 week fire drill training program designed around 3000 hour turbine pilots and the high rate of failure in the sim check.
The majority of pilots wash out in the oral or the sim check and that is never addressed by anyone.
Just curious?
What I want to know, is why Dornier Jet Captain/Union Rep, would ask me if we're are hiring caravan pilots. Seems he was willing to take an 18,000 dollar a year pay cut to "GET OUT" of regional flying.

So you got the "can't cut it's" and the "don't wanna do it anymores". Add in the guys that never even get that far, and that has to be a lot, and you got one schit load of people walking around with faa paper in their wallets and either are washed out, never got there, or never found themselves happy in aviation.

Seems that there are alot of numbers not being addressed, and I think it's the flight schools and universities that don't want you to know them, because it don't serve their best interests.

Latest resources

Back