Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why is it that CAL hired the best pilots?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sfr... Your wake up call is coming... Back to the 737 in the fall! Only sons of scabs still worry about flight time... I guess you got on here because of your dad with only 1500hrs and no PIC...
Oh yah... I guess you didn't mind in June when you got your days rolled...

Last edited:
And the industry still suffers from their contract and the low bar it has set for decades. And why do the scabs protect it? Better than anything they had before? If the 2005+ hires get some balls and change things then maybe I will agree with this comment if it makes you feel better. Give me a break until then.

Anyone know why since 2005 that CAL hired the best pilots (generally speaking) compared to other majors?

Is it true the best pilots hired there were the ones during the strike?

What's wrong Sean, your pillow cover getting washed from all that biting?

And the industry still suffers from their contract and the low bar it has set for decades. And why do the scabs protect it? Better than anything they had before? If the 2005+ hires get some balls and change things then maybe I will agree with this comment if it makes you feel better. Give me a break until then.

This one I will argue against. You compare USAir, United, NWA, Jetblue, Airtran, etc. to CAL and our low bar? When you can compare some facts and figures here, I'm all ears. I'm not for protecting it beacuse it does suck but if you are looking for the lowest of lowball, there are a lot of other airlines you need to start with.

Scabs at Continental are the limp dicks that have no respect from the rest of the industry and their fellow crew members. If you think the finest they are hiring look up to them you are wrong. They are scabs and not worthy of any respect. Bet they don't talk much in the cockpit once the checklist is done. The new guys were not responsible for this, the scabs are.

Wow - Tanker Clown now has two new names - Browntothebone and SFR...

Unfortunately not true. Can't speak for Brown, but SFR used to be a pretty good guy, toughing it out on the Brasilia and bitching up a storm with the rest of the prop trash. Certainly not the guy in my ASA newhire class that I would have pegged to be the -feminine hygene product- of the bunch... Not sure what happened..... Either he's bored and looking for something to do, or the 12 round trips across the pond a month courtesy of CAL scheduling has his wife logging in and stirring the pot out of sheer boredom. My money is on the latter.

Anyone know why since 2005 that CAL hired the best pilots (generally speaking) compared to other majors?

Actually, the "Best Pilots" were the ones who left during the strike in 85. I was just startin out, as an oiler on the DC-8 and those Ex-"Proud bird with a golden tail" guys were some of the best sticks I've seen, every one of them.

What's left are scabs, crawlbacks, rejects, and guys who post crap like this.

Unfortunately not true. Can't speak for Brown, but SFR used to be a pretty good guy, toughing it out on the Brasilia and bitching up a storm with the rest of the prop trash. Certainly not the guy in my ASA newhire class that I would have pegged to be the -feminine hygene product- of the bunch... Not sure what happened..... Either he's bored and looking for something to do, or the 12 round trips across the pond a month courtesy of CAL scheduling has his wife logging in and stirring the pot out of sheer boredom. My money is on the latter.

He's just bored and starting $hit.

Latest resources

Back