Why don't my Bose work in the ATR?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CFI2766

Anyone have any ideas why the Bose don't work in the ATR? I could hear, but just barely. I've been using the DC's, but I'd love to figure out why the Bose aren't working.

Do the Bose work in the jet?

Had the same problem when I started in the ATR. My problem was that the stereo/mono switch was in mono and all but one of our ATRs required it to be in the stereo mode.

furthermore not becoming?

ran into the same problem a couple years ago. cant remember exactly what plug i used if it was a stereo to mono or other way around but radio shack sells the plug to use. fixed the problem.

hope it helps.

Agreed that its most likely the mono/stereo switch.. You dont need to buy anything from radio shack.. look inside the battery pack and move "switch 6" to the other position.. my next guess would be to try switch 4.. it will change the power saving function.. last time i switched aircraft my headset did the same thing to me.. didnt know why a power saving function would change anything, but i took it into a pilot shop and the guy had said that sometimes the charge being sensed by the plugs gets funky.. whatever, it worked!! if that doesnt work, check out the the website.. Ive sent mine in before out of warranty and they were glad to help free of charge..

Anyone have any ideas why the Bose don't work in the ATR? I could hear, but just barely. I've been using the DC's, but I'd love to figure out why the Bose aren't working.

Do the Bose work in the jet?

Maybe 'cause yo' knuckles drag on th' ground and yo 'aint got no english skillz to read yo' direcktienz!

I used a 2nd Gen Bose headset in the ATR, and had to use a stereo to mono adapter plug to get it to work.

Latest resources

Back