• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why don't my Bose work in the ATR?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Any idea how a regional FO can afford Bose?

Any idea how a regional FO can afford Bose?

The Bose no-interest monthly payment plan.

<break>

The same way a regional FO affords anything - by working hard and cutting expenses, or going really really ridiculously in credit card debt.

The Bose no-interest monthly payment plan.

<break>

The same way a regional FO affords anything - by working hard and cutting expenses, or going really really ridiculously in credit card debt.

Amen. I got mine while instructing on that plan. Don't really need ANR in the jet though. Thank you Bose!

That's easy....his instructor job paid better than his new regional FO job does.

You are correct, my instructor job did pay better than my first year regional job. However, the Bose are remnants from my life before aviation. There was a point in time when I used to be well compensated for my work...now, however, I am a regional airline pilot.

Mommy or Daddy bought them for Christmas. "Here..you can now look and sound like a real airline pilot!"

Nah, working for 10 years before my first regional job helps me to look like a real airline pilot.
Paying for every single rating I've earned by myself makes me look like a regional pilot.
Working many hours a week (50-60? more?) during a part 121 ground school while the front desk girl at the Red Roach Inn makes more than I do makes me look like a real airline pilot.
Learning to exist on 5 hours of sleep because the hotel at AGS will only run one van, an hour and a half before your departure, makes me look like an airline pilot.
Knowing that it's the 11th of the month, and that I've got two cups of ramen and two cans of Chef Boy-R-Dee (sp?) to last me until payday makes me look like a real airline pilot.

Why does this forum attract so many smack-tards with smart a$$ things to say? I don't get it...

Last edited:
Nah, working for 10 years before my first regional job helps me to look like a real airline pilot. [Great stuff deleted for brevity.] Why does this forum attract so many smack-tards with smart a$$ things to say? I don't get it...

Awesome post. Keep fighting the good fight!

Anyone have any ideas why the Bose don't work in the ATR? I could hear, but just barely. I've been using the DC's, but I'd love to figure out why the Bose aren't working.

Do the Bose work in the jet?

Take them thar earplugs out.

Latest resources

Back