Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

rumorhasit

$11.25 per seat mile
I had someone ask me why pilots need more money...I could not really give him an answer so I decided to post this hoping for enlightenment. I Know regionals do not make alot of money compared to the majors but...

Last edited:
Because when the sh*t hits the fan, we work our butts off and have a very high degree of responbility to uphold.

FlyaGuppy said:
because we need toys, and the hot women only go after the dudes with cash

enough reason for me

the real reason I see!!!

because the flight crews have a GREAT responsibility and are treated poorly. The flying public would be greatly appalled, in my opinion, if they truely understood how much the flight crews really do for the industry.

at the regionals, many of them would make more managing a McDonalds for WAY less responsibility and MUCH more free time... and benefits.

rumorhasit said:
I had someone ask me why pilots need more money...I could not really give him an answer so I decided to post this hoping for inlightenment. I Know regionals do not make alot of money compared to the majors but...

Why does anyone need more money? Should a highly skilled employee like a pilot be able to buy a median priced home in their domicile? What kind of car should they drive? What college should they send their kids to?

To live in a fashion that shows you are a professional. Everybody wants a better lifestyle, and with responsibility comes a larger paycheck. This industry is a lot like medicine. You start off earning a fairly small paycheck for the same types of duties (ER, trauma surgery, Internships etc), and then you end your career making the big bucks doing quadroople bypass surgeries. Atleast that is what I saw in the brochure and watching SCRUBS.

Bye bye--General Lee:rolleyes: ;)

Because if I took the lump sum I invested in my aviation degree and placed it in a long term investment, I'd be a millionaire by 50.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back