Why do passengers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
KigAir said:
Did you ever get trained on how to react when the pilot turns blue in the face and passes out?

Did he have the fish? :D In that case, I would have found Ted Striker! Sorry, could not resist!

While I do not remember being trained on that particular circumstance, I would imagine that I would assess him/her like any other passenger that becomes unconscious. Assess the ABCs, (airway, breathing and circulation) and then go from there.

Not exactly aviation related but the book 'Lifeboat' by Stilgoe has some interesting comments on passengers ignorance of risk and survival. It is an interesting read if anyone is so inclined.

OneBadLT123 said:
Then if something happens, pure panic and lack of understanding on what’s going on.
See, I have a PLAN for this situation. If I am ever on an airliner that's going down, before we crash I am going to stand up and shout like this:
"WHAT? We are CRASHING? How DARE the INFIDELS crash the airplane BEFORE MY BOMB GOES OFF! Allahu Akbar!"

This practically GUARANTEES that the crew will then stage a miraculous recovery and continue to the destination where I will be arrested and jailed for saying "Bomb" on the airplane.

Stifler's Mom said:
You can't say bomb on an airplane.

I know, that's the entire point! Whenever I do something wrong, 90% of the time I get busted later. Therefore, if I do something wrong as the airplane is going down, there's a 90% chance I will survive to get busted.

If it wasn't such a dumb idea, it'd be foolproof! (^_^)

Stifler's Mom said:
You can't say bomb on an airplane.

dseagrav said:
I know, that's the entire point! Whenever I do something wrong, 90% of the time I get busted later.

Oops, you missed the point of Stifler's remark... maybe this'll help;

Norm: I got a plane full of people saying you threatened that stewardess.
Greg Focker: I was not threatening her. I was just trying to get my bag into the overhead storage thing...
Norm: You were acting like a maniac and you threatened her with a bomb.
Greg Focker: No, I said I didn't have a bomb.
Norm: But you said bomb.
Greg Focker: I said, "It's not like I have a bomb".
Norm: You said "Bomb" on an airplane.
Greg Focker: What's wrong with saying 'Bomb' on an airplane?
Norm: You can't say 'Bomb' on an airplane!
Greg Focker: Bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb bomb bomb bomb bomb bomb. You gonna arrest me? Bomb bomb bomb bomb! During the war I was a BOMBadier!
Norm: You assaulted an airline employee and I oughta put you away for years!

TonyC said:
Me, too. I'm sure that's why I get the special treatment: my very own bag of nuts/pretzels/chips/whatever that mess is.

:)

Don't you carry your own bag of nuts already?

phil said:
I don't think the average person understands what flight deck means really

A flight deck is what the Navy lands their planes on when they are out sailing the stormy seas. They sit in the COCKPIT whilst landing said plane on the flight deck.

AF :cool:

ArcticFlier said:
Don't you carry your own bag of nuts already?

A flight deck is what the Navy lands their planes on when they are out sailing the stormy seas. They sit in the COCKPIT whilst landing said plane on the flight deck.

AF :cool:

What's up with all the hot racing chicks these days?

Latest resources

Back