• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lighten up... you guys are no fun!

To all you dorks who chided me, try to lighten up and not take everything so personally. You'll live longer.
Boeingman, I'll bet your blood pressure jumped 20 points as you wrote that response Same for CSSmith.

What do you guys care what I think anyhow? Lighten up and roll with it when someone pokes a little fun at you. Maybe even poke a little fun back if the person deserves it (I do).

Too many people here take themselves way too seriously.

Want some A-1 with that foot sandwich? :D

wind check

When I was flying turbo-props into SFO and LAX, I was especially interested in a wind check when I was landing behind a 747 or other heavy. It helped me plan for and avoid wake turbulence.

There were some good posts in this thread as to why a wind check can be good information to have. BTW a number of airplanes like the 727 don't have a read out of the winds on final or anywhere else in flight. Steam gages baby!!

Re: Lighten up... you guys are no fun!

ifly4food said:
To all you dorks who chided me, try to lighten up and not take everything so personally. You'll live longer.
Boeingman, I'll bet your blood pressure jumped 20 points as you wrote that response Same for CSSmith.

What do you guys care what I think anyhow? Lighten up and roll with it when someone pokes a little fun at you. Maybe even poke a little fun back if the person deserves it (I do).

My blood pressure only jumps 20 pts when I see my wife naked, although I have to fess up that the FHM cover with Anna increased it 19 pts.

Your posts always "poke fun" at mainline and Delta pilots. I highly doubt after observing you for a while now that you are just "poking fun". You know it and we know it. It is, however, quite amusing to watch you try and back peddle your way out of it, especially when your buddies surplus and fin didn't jump on your bandwagon this time.

BTW your post on J4J is just a blatant lie and you should remove it. Follow your own rules, son. Or were you just "poking fun"???

ifly4food said:

Blood pressure? Over you? LOL

Your lame attempt for the rationalization of your posts saying they are "poking fun" are very transparent.

Thanks for asking this. I always thought that was odd, asking for a wind check when you are flying a huge wind indicator through the air. I guess they do things differently in Atlanta too. Here in Cinci, they give us speeds so we don't have to do the planning for them. If they want us closer, they speed us up. Farther back, they slow us down. Don't they do that down south?

Oh, and this is of course another example of big heavy drivers thinking they are better than everyone who flies smaller jets. You could have just answered his question without the sarcasm, but I guess some of the things we think about mainline pilots must be true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back