Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why do airways have more then one number?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Then I guess when I drive on the interstate. the signs should read I-4-I-75-I-95.
Um. They do. When multiple numbered interstates and state highways converge, merge, and then separates again, during the period of convergence, the signs show all of the highway numbers. In Florida, doesn't US 192-441 show both signs between Kissimmee and Holopaw?

In terns if which number to use, I'm with SSDD. I use the one that makes the most sense to me. If, for example, there are two numbers on the airway where I join it, I look "down the road" to see which I will end up on and use that one from the beginning.

Last edited:
How bout this, why more than one or two numbers to name the airway? The east coast high jepp chart is hard enough to read, why not just jet 1 or jet 2 or jet 3 instead of 548 or 986 or 349.

Why don't all flight attendants look like those in your avatar. It is usually their grandmothers or their brothers.

A couple CFI's and I were discussing something. On airways (at least in Florida) There will often be multiple numbers. Like V-529-239 etc

Which airway is which? What do you file? Why not just have one number?

Thanks

You really couldn't figure this out by looking at the L-chart?

wow:eek:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back