• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

why did i do this again?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why does everyone in my generation expect everything to be handed to them?

Do we really need to hold your hand through this & explain it slowly so you can understand? I mean, Hell...I'm not even a g-ddamn pilot and I get it.

Seriously, man...are you retarded? Buck the hell up, quit making lame excuses (did you really just use "I live with my parents" as an excuse?...Jesus, man...do you not realize just how easy you have it?). Get off your duff, get your crap together, and try to snag a job flying boxes or at a low-time regional and do something on the side.

Like my mother always told me everytime I spent money on something I didn't need as a teenager..."If you're gonna spend that kinda money on something and then not use it...you may as well have just wiped your @ss with that money..."

Last edited:
8.5% interest on a student loan is BS!

I locked mine in at 2.8%. Even with high interest rates today, if you consolidate, you should be able to get it for about 5%.

Ninja if your this bummed about aviation now, your going to really be pissed once you settle into the soul numbing monotony of a regional schedule.

Why is everyone trying to figure out how to fix Ninja's problems? Heres an idea Ninja: Be a man! Stop your whining and grow a pair. Start making the tough decisions and stop taking the easy way all the time (see where it got you to begin with?) When I was your age (im assuming you are youngbased on your statements above) I put myself in tough financial situations and realized that I was going to be the only one who was going to get me out of these problems. The sooner you realize that, the sooner you will be doing what it is you want to do in life...and will be happy for it.
You are not a "tool" or anything else other than niave (sp?) and yes you got taken. Get mad and get over it...or...fix the problem, not the blame.
I think everyone sees the real solution to your problem. But you have to figure it out for yourself. (Ill give you a hint: Is there now or will there ever be any money in flying? Keep in mind there is only a finite number of FedEx and UPS jobs)
That said, I would take anything I just said with a grain of salt just like everything else you read on the internet. This is, afterall, a 2 cent opinion of a complete stranger. Good luck.

I just bought a house in Jersey.. Im not going to tell you what that costs!

I feel your pain...I just closed May 1st in NJ myself. It's ridiculuos, especially when I think of what that money could've gotten me in Texas.

Like my mother always told me everytime I spent money on something I didn't need as a teenager..."If you're gonna spend that kinda money on something and then not use it...you may as well have just wiped your @ss with that money..."

Your mom is cool!

Man, I wiped my ass with a lot of money in my early 20's unfortunately. I finally learned my lesson when I bought a house. Now I am a cheap woman.

Since we're all sharing, here's my debt picture from flight training:

Started Payback (July 2006) Balance: $101,819.82
Current Balance: $97,065.15
Monthly Payment: $982.69
Current Variable Rate: 8.5%
Years To Go: 14

Not having a airline job because CAPT management screwed you over with lies and broken promises: PRICELESS!

There are d0uches in this world, and then there are CAPT management d0uches. Last I heard (a couple of weeks ago) they got 2 cadets total around the camp fire. Pathetic.

I feel awful for you, my house notes are just a little more than 982. I believe financial planners really need to sit down with students and go over all the pros and cons of taking out such a student loan, especially for aviation related endeavors.

I always thought math skills were something needed by pilots. Before trying to buy time, figure out if you can afford it on the job you'll be getting. It took me longer to get my first regional job but, when I did, I didn't have any debt. I actually bought a nice house on regional FO pay.

I've flown with some CAPT graduates and they seemed very well prepared. More so, than a lot of the other pilot factories. They still lacked experience but a least, they knew that they didn't know everything and they were willing to learn more. As many people have said here, good attitudes go a long way in this profession.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back