• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

why did i do this again?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This has got to be a complaint about a mortgage payment on a 2500 square foot, 4 br 3 bath, 2 car attached garage, house on a 1/3 acre lot in a nice subdivision somewhere in the midwest.

Or perhaps it's a long term lease payment for a one-bedroom closet in Queens, NY for a Comair new-hire based at JFK.

I just bought a house in Jersey.. Im not going to tell you what that costs!

And the great thing is that he can no longer file bankruptcy to get out from under that load. It will stay with him for life. Maybe a couple of these guys telling it like it is will show more people that it is not worth it to get into aviation anymore. Especially if you are going to go to one of those big pilot factories.

Since we're all sharing, here's my debt picture from flight training:

Started Payback (July 2006) Balance: $101,819.82
Current Balance: $97,065.15
Monthly Payment: $982.69
Current Variable Rate: 8.5%
Years To Go: 14

Not having a airline job because CAPT management screwed you over with lies and broken promises: PRICELESS!

There are d0uches in this world, and then there are CAPT management d0uches. Last I heard (a couple of weeks ago) they got 2 cadets total around the camp fire. Pathetic.

yeah i get pissed when I send in my 84 dollars per month for a couple stafford loans, i couldnt imagine 1500/ month, I would quit, go write a computer program to rip off the company and move to the caymans! But for anyone considering purdue, riddle, or a pilot factory, think long and hard before you put yourself into debt for this job!

My fueler was just asking this morning how much I made, how much it cost me for training, and how long it took. I think my responses floored him, and then I dropped the bomb that it would probably cost him more than twice as much if he tried doing the same thing at today's prices. I don't mean to discourage anyone, heck, I think I even tried to sugar coat it.

On the other hand, I think there's a few too many folks out there with the "if you can do it I can" attitude, but they don't realize how much prices have gone up with no increase of pay on the other end.

All I have to say about this is: If you're going to be DUMB, you'd better be tough.

I've flown with several of you guy's/gal's and I don't feel a BIT sorry for you. How stupid can you be?

You can get your tickets and work as a CFI until you get enough time to haul checks/freight/whatever (all the while earing money, very little but at least you're not paying) to build time to get your "dream" regional stepping stone job.

Heck! as a side benefit to me and every other capt. out there, not to mention the innocent traveling public, you could even show up at the airlines with some EXPERIENCE! What a novel idea.

Oh, but wait! I forgot your generation can't wait and do things the "right" way. Gotta have it now.....well, enjoy your loan payments.

Latest resources

Back