Why David Clark is the best.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AWACoff

Just another reason why David Clark is the premier aviation headset manufacturer-

One of my gel earseals started leaking probably due to my own fault. I called up David Clark and asked how much it would cost to have another seal sent to me in time for my next trip. They refused to accept payment and even offered to overnight the seal to me if I needed it...all at no charge. Needless to say, I am once again blown away by the unbelievable customer service shown to professional flight crew members.

thats awesome! im still curious to see how their new x11 headset compares to the bose

Yea... I've got the exact opposite opinion of them...
I sent in my DC 13.4s because the mic wasn't working and all they said that it wasn't covered and it would be 100 bucks plus shipping.. I told them to shove it and send it back to me and I proceeded to go buy the bose (much nicer anyway). Although they did replace the ear seals when they sent it back. They didn't even bother to diagnose the problem, they just wanted to replace the mic... I got it back took some water and a toothbrush to the mic and now it works again.. thanks alot for just trying to rip me off DC..

David Clark is the formost manufactuer of headache inducing head clamps that kinda block some noise

I have used the same David Clark headset for 28 years. On the two occasions when the unit needed repair, the company fixed it in a timely manner and returned the headset updated with the latest mods free of charge.

On another occasion, I needed to convert a more recently purchased headset to a child size. When I called the company to order the smaller size headband, the customer service representitive insisted on sending me the part without charge.

Compared to competing headsets, the David Clarks just seemed more rugged and stood up better to daily wear and tear. I can't say if D/Cs are the best headset out there, but if I need to purchase another pair, there is no doubt what make I'll buy.

David Clarks are great quality. You can throw them around and they'll still work. I had a great pair for a good 5 years.

The reason I switched to Bose is because, despite DCs great quality and customer service (My ANC unit wasn't functioning properly so they replaced it, cleaned it up, replaced some other worn stuff and overnighted it back to me), they were just too uncomfortable on my head. The Bose is just more comfortable in my opinion.

Either way, if I end up in an RJ in a couple of years, will probably sell the Bose for something smaller. It's a shame DC isn't in the smaller airliner headset market like Telex or Sennheiser.

Lightspeed did the same for me. Sent me 2 new earseals (yes the big ugly ones that go over your ears) and a new "fork" that holds the ear cup, all for no charge. I'm sure the fork broke because I sat on it or something. I've used DC, Lightspeed, and the Bose, and they all have advantages. The Bose are the quietest, the Lightspeed the most comfortable (but the ugliest), and the DC are certainly built well. Just my opinion.

I have had a a couple of issues with DC headsets and they have always fixed my headsets without any charge. It's nice to see a company still take the time to care about customer service. I will always do my business with DC.

PilotSkydiver, I had a problem with the microphone on my 13 year old 13.4s as well. For just under $100 with shipping, they replaced EVERYTHING except for the metal band and green cups. New mic, new boom, new jacks, new wiring, new headpad. Then, after trying the new headpad for 6 months and 400hrs flight time, it wasn't comfortable enough for me. I stopped by the D.C. booth at Oshkosh and asked if they had changed the thickness of the headpad. They said no but I was more than welcome to try any style of pad on my headset. I settled on the Sheepskin pad and they refused to accept payment yet again. They just wanted me happy with my completely overhauled headset.

Yea... I've got the exact opposite opinion of them...
I sent in my DC 13.4s because the mic wasn't working and all they said that it wasn't covered and it would be 100 bucks plus shipping.. I told them to shove it and send it back to me and I proceeded to go buy the bose (much nicer anyway). Although they did replace the ear seals when they sent it back. They didn't even bother to diagnose the problem, they just wanted to replace the mic... I got it back took some water and a toothbrush to the mic and now it works again.. thanks alot for just trying to rip me off DC..

Latest resources

Back