Why Continental?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JJthejetplane

Looking over some interview gouge and wanted input from you guys...Why would you want to work at CAL? What do you feel are the obstacles facing CAL in the upcoming years?

Thanks in advance!

Do the interviewers really ask you what other people think of the airline? Thats a new one! Go ahead and tell them why I would like to work there. That should really help you get the job.

Sorry...just feeling a bit sarcastic this morning.

a few key points.....People....fleet....flying...

Newark is a hell hole, but you don't have to live there. So far (I'm new) it has been a GREAT experience....

put that in your pipe and smoke it....

-W-

Q. Why do you want to work for Continental?

A. Because it's the only legacy carrier hiring right now. I don't buy into the whole LCC bull, and hauling boxes just doesn't quite have the same ring to it.

You'll get 100/100 for honesty. :)

Freight Dog said:
I don't buy into the whole LCC bull... :)

Yeah, LCCs are just a passing. Like the internet and cellphones.

Dude, SWA has, always has and will have their niche of hauling around rednecks and cheap skates. AT has been second with that and JB is trying to be that with a lil' something extra.

Why CAL? Well..it's the only legacy hiring new hires, expanding in Euprope still, starting to retake some of the "regional" flying and mass retirements in the upcoming few years. Mixture for disaster? Who knows, I hope not though!

CAL is a well run company with management that actually wants to run an airline.......

They are growing, they are on the cusp of profitability, and they are hiring.
What other options do you have? You send out the apps and you wait for a call. If you get the call and are lucky enough to get hired, you dance with that partner until you get furloughed, die, or retire.

Best of luck.

A350

Freight Dog said:
Q. Why do you want to work for Continental?

A. Because it's the only legacy carrier hiring right now. I don't buy into the whole LCC bull, and hauling boxes just doesn't quite have the same ring to it.

You'll get 100/100 for honesty. :)

Freight Dog,
That is the ring of profitability for 30+ years, no down truns or furloughs ever, and explosive world wide growth you don't hear.
I hope you are wrong about the LCCs because all my buddies that got hired at the legacy airlines in the 90s are now working for the LCCs which are now paying better than most of the legacy airlines.
It is a crazy world out there for sure. Good luck to all

MemTrash said:
Freight Dog,
That is the ring of profitability for 30+ years, no down truns or furloughs ever, and explosive world wide growth you don't hear.
I hope you are wrong about the LCCs because all my buddies that got hired at the legacy airlines in the 90s are now working for the LCCs which are now paying better than most of the legacy airlines.
It is a crazy world out there for sure. Good luck to all

Of course. FDX is/was one of the best airline jobs out there.

My post was intended as a joke.

No SWA/FO, I don't think LCC's are going away. After all, thanks for LCC's every redneck now thinks it's his constitutional right to a $99 coast-to-coast ticket.

Well, uh... Been here a year now ; 98% of everybody you deal with is great; Got over 600 pilots below me; flying the 777 (dream bird) all over the world; oh yeah, I've worked 7 days this month.... total.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back