Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why Challengers are better than Gulfstreams.....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
hungover said:
With your last post and with what I have quoted above from you, I would like to point out that you are showing yourself to be truly ignorant. The Gulfstream weaknesses that you have enlightened us to, are fun and enjoyable to read, however, except for #1, #4, and #5 they are just dead wrong. There are plenty others on this board who would not be as polite as I in their response to your moronic drivel.

Respectfuly,
Hung

P.S. Reguarding your latest post about hydraulics. Are you sure you are working on a Gulfstream?

Ok, you are right, you do not need to have hydraulics to open the door (you got me on that one) But I ain't seen a knucle-dragging gorillia yet that close one by himself on a GII, GIII, GIV, or GV.

#4, in case YOU are knowlegable of gulfstreams, a good portion of the right forward cabin is taken up by the radio rack.

#5....would like to see photos?

I will give to gulfstream for one thing...CMP. I do not think that there is any better maintenance tracking than that, not CAMP, CIMMS(CAMP just bought them), CESCOM, none of them.
I had a customer one time, tell me that he was looking into some other program to put his two GIV's and one Challenger on. I looked at hom like he was crazy....why, you ask?
If he were to put the GIV's on some other program he wuold never be able to sell them later. No one would buy a gulfstream that was not on CMP.
Moral to the story: if you have a gulfstream, you are nearly held hostage to the cost of renewing you subscription to CMP.

BTW, if you cannot tell that I am having a little fun at the expence of gulfstream and if you are taking offence, then your buttons are a little too easily pushed...sheesh.

hungover said:
With your last post and with what I have quoted above from you, I would like to point out that you are showing yourself to be truly ignorant. The Gulfstream weaknesses that you have enlightened us to, are fun and enjoyable to read, however, except for #1, #4, and #5, they are just dead wrong. There are plenty others on this board who would not be as polite as I in their response to your moronic drivel.

Respectfuly,
Hung

P.S. Reguarding your latest post about hydraulics. Are you sure you are working on a Gulfstream?

Please re-read the above post slowly
Respectfully,
Hung

Gatorman said:
then your buttons are a little too easily pushed...sheesh.

OK - you got me. I am a man of easily pushed buttons, however only over things like "hey, that guy stole my beer" or perhaps "Sir, I think we will have to cut you off for tonight" but my buttons remain steadfast and unpushed over issues that have no true bearing on the quality of life outside skinning knuckles and sniffing toluline.

Respectfully,
Hung

hungover said:
The Gulfstream weaknesses that you have enlightened us to, are fun and enjoyable to read, however, except for #1, #4, and #5 they are just dead wrong.

So.....you DO agree with me that Challengers are better

1. You do not need Hydraulics to open or close the main entry door.
so what
2. You do not need a step ladder to load the baggage compartment.
I guess this all comes from small mans complex
3. If you are 6' tall, you still have to duck you head to walk down the cabin.
See above - you don't have to worry about it
4. All of that space in the cabin is used up for avionics.
a small portion

5. Oxygen Bottles under the floor!!!???
Is this a saftey issue? - I don't understand
6. Access panels on TOP of the wings and horizontal!!!???
uh, no not on the wings
7. It does not take 4 men to hang an aileron
Right - two unless you are a effeminate spongebob.
8. It does not take 4,5, or even 6 men to hang an elevator.
Again - the effeminate spongebob
9. It only takes 2 people to completely cowl the engines on a Challenger.
Yea - all 6 of them
10. If there is fuel on the hangar floor, it has to be from the Gulfstream, if a Challenger has a leak, there is a problem.
Yup - Love the smell of Jet Fuel in the morning
11. Challenger - one guy to install a main wheel assembly. Gulfstream - one knuckle-dragging gorilla.
Effeminat spongebob umpa lumpa squarepants - thats sir gorilla to you

Challengers, you do not need to run a hydraulic mule to service the hydraulics.
They learned that from Gulfstream

Respectfully,
hung
;)

...we continue

1. You do not need Hydraulics to open or close the main entry door.
so what - Being in maintenance and having to move aircraft alot, door cables are fine....except when it is raining outside
2. You do not need a step ladder to load the baggage compartment.
I guess this all comes from small mans complex - I guess you are right, I do feel sorry for those shorter than I am, trying to put some golfbags up there by himself. Poor line guys.
3. If you are 6' tall, you still have to duck you head to walk down the cabin.
See above - you don't have to worry about it - But those of us 6' or taller do have to duck our head to walk down the center of the cabin.
4. All of that space in the cabin is used up for avionics.
a small portion
- Enough for a large divan, or another set of seats with a table between them.
5. Oxygen Bottles under the floor!!!???
Is this a saftey issue? - I don't understand - Nope, not a safety issue, just a pain to access and remove and install.
6. Access panels on TOP of the wings and horizontal!!!???
uh, no not on the wings - WHAT!!! Are you blind? In reference to #10, I find it funny that the plane leaks so much and the access panels to the wing are on top.
7. It does not take 4 men to hang an aileron
Right - two unless you are a effeminate spongebob. - lol, I'd like to see two effeminate spongebob's do that
8. It does not take 4,5, or even 6 men to hang an elevator.
Again - the effeminate spongebob - I'd like to see two effeminate spongebob's do that too
9. It only takes 2 people to completely cowl the engines on a Challenger.
Yea - all 6 of them - Did I mention that it was one per engine?
10. If there is fuel on the hangar floor, it has to be from the Gulfstream, if a Challenger has a leak, there is a problem.
Yup - Love the smell of Jet Fuel in the morning - WATCH YOUR STEP!
11. Challenger - one guy to install a main wheel assembly. Gulfstream - one knuckle-dragging gorilla.
Effeminat spongebob umpa lumpa squarepants - thats sir gorilla to you

Challengers, you do not need to run a hydraulic mule to service the hydraulics.
They learned that from Gulfstream
I don't know about all that...to bad we cannot call up bill Lear about that one (original designer for the Lear Star which became the Canadair Challenger)

GATOR

Latest resources

Back