• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why Can't We Be Released?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It doesn't take a labor friendly administration it only takes a labor fair administration.

ASA pilots will get a release from the NMB just as soon as ASA management wants it to happen or GWB gets voted out of office. Which ever comes sooner.

I can guarantee you that GWB will NOT be VOTED out of office.

What will it take? An administration that will appoint some labor-friendly members of the NMB. With the current attitude that the administration has towards labor, getting released is virtually impossible.

Well for starters lets just start sicking out - organized sick outs are a job action but they do work.

I can't find anyone who can answer this with a definative answer. Yes, ASA wants to give us a .26$/hour raise. We want Skywest plus some %. The mediator suspended negotiations twice. What will it take for the mediator to step up to the plate if we're really that far apart? It seems to me that this is an indefinate stalemate, which continues to favor management. With a profit of 43 million, does this help our cause? The mediator seems to have to much controlling power. What about checks and balances? Anyone?

Lets just say, for arguments sake, the NMB was waiting on a huge profit to be posted by SKYW so he would have more power to force the two sides to get closer! If management keeps poor mouthing with these profits, they loose the ability for baby steps to a settlement.

If not, I'm prepared to walk TODAY! How about a transfer of assets to the strike center I say!

Dick

What will it take? An administration that will appoint some labor-friendly members of the NMB. With the current attitude that the administration has towards labor, getting released is virtually impossible.

What administration was in office when NW's pilots went on strike?
I don't think it really matters who is in office.

What administration was in office when AA pilots went out and were forced back?
WJC
You think this is politics but you are so wrong. It’s because the Union is too far out of line. When this occurs the NMB parks the groups because you are not being realistic and thus they think you are not sincere. When the company is out of line, the NMB will threaten to release.

Ask your Delta daddy how his check has changed? Ask your Northwest daddy how his check has changed? on and on and on.......

This is not the same industry you dreamed to be part of. Wake UP!

This has gone on long enough. Let’s take it to a vote before we loose all of our aircraft to SKYW.

You think this is politics but you are so wrong. It’s because the Union is too far out of line. When this occurs the NMB parks the groups because you are not being realistic and thus they think you are not sincere. When the company is out of line, the NMB will threaten to release.

That is not correct at all. Just because you think that way does not make the above a factual statement.

What administration was in office when NW's pilots went on strike?

It depends on which time you are refering to the NWA pilots going out on strike. Their most recent strike was allowed by Clinton.

I don't think it really matters who is in office.

I'm not trying to put you down here but you got a lot to learn. Capital Hill's opinion on organized labor means everything. Where do you think the laws we operate under come from? The Railway Labor Act didn't just show up on a red-eye flight one day.

What administration was in office when AA pilots went out and were forced back?
WJC

Ask your Delta daddy how his check has changed? Ask your Northwest daddy how his check has changed? on and on and on.......

This is not the same industry you dreamed to be part of. Wake UP!

This has gone on long enough. Let’s take it to a vote before we loose all of our aircraft to SKYW.
And you are happy about this? Wow. The NMB's job isn't to determine what's a "fair wage". Their job is to facilitate communication and try to get an agreement. If they cannot get one, they should release the pilots to job action and the company to lock the pilots out. Both sides have tools they can use.

The NMB has become a "wage control board". This is not the original intent of the law.

I don't know you personally, but I'm sure management loves pilots like you who lash out at your fellow aviators while dreaming of a pay cut to save your job. Ask any of the FO's you fly with if they think the company proposal is "realistic".

And you are happy about this? Wow. The NMB's job isn't to determine what's a "fair wage". Their job is to facilitate communication and try to get an agreement. If they cannot get one, they should release the pilots to job action and the company to lock the pilots out. Both sides have tools they can use.

The NMB has become a "wage control board". This is not the original intent of the law.

I don't know you personally, but I'm sure management loves pilots like you who lash out at your fellow aviators while dreaming of a pay cut to save your job. Ask any of the FO's you fly with if they think the company proposal is "realistic".

The fundamental basis of the RLA is to keep commerce flowing while negotiations continue. This is the way it's always been; Republican, Democrat not withstanding.

To simply say "GWB is in office, so labor can't win," is pathetic. This is on par with blaming the Pres. for Katrina, or AIDS--silly and unproductive.

The pilot group at ASA has the power to effect change and bring management to their knees, but you don't have the unity to make this happen......so who's really at fault.

Latest resources

Back