• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

why are the regional pilots like this?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just wondering why the regional pilots are always putting down other regional pilots? REMEMBER! YOU"RE IN A F'N Regional!
whats the deal? i dont see too many major or corporate 91 guys having pissing contests...
whats the deal here on flight info?

Getting back to the original question...

The reason is that the modern arrangements of bidding on Request for Proposals to "win" contract flying from mainline partners has caused us in the regionals to all be competing with each other. We're like dogs fighting for scraps. It's called "whipsaw", and it breeds hatred of the competition.

Especially when one very large competitor refuses to join you and continues to undercut everybody.

$125.00/barrel Oil

Just wondering why the regional pilots are always putting down other regional pilots? REMEMBER! YOU"RE IN A F'N Regional!
whats the deal? i dont see too many major or corporate 91 guys having pissing contests...
whats the deal here on flight info?

If you think the griping is bad now,wait until all the reg'ls dump ALL their RJ's (large & small)and go to turbo-props!!!!
ATR & Bombardier/DeHavilland are developing 80-110 seat versions of their current turbo-prop types,will be ready for flight-testing in 2 yrs.

I dont think skywest pilots stole any of your precious 900's John, I doesnt seem possible a group of seniors pilots get together and conspire to take a/c + flying away from other companies...i could be wrong.
could be your mngmt team that screwed up and gave it away. have you ever thought of that?
or maybe under certain situations they were better off?
look at it from another point of view. look at it from a stockholders point, a/c, leasor, HR and so on.
step out of the pilot point of view for just a minute.
we tend to think we should all work 1 day a month and get paid millions for it.

I dont think skywest pilots stole any of your precious 900's John, I doesnt seem possible a group of seniors pilots get together and conspire to take a/c + flying away from other companies...i could be wrong.
could be your mngmt team that screwed up and gave it away. have you ever thought of that?
or maybe under certain situations they were better off?
look at it from another point of view. look at it from a stockholders point, a/c, leasor, HR and so on.
step out of the pilot point of view for just a minute.
we tend to think we should all work 1 day a month and get paid millions for it.

Yeah, flying them for 50 seat rates while we were in negotiations had NOTHING to do with that! :rolleyes:

And I suppose SkyWest pilots are the "winners", eh? We'll see how that pendulum swings in the next year or so. I'm really looking forward to getting our -900s you stole back.

Free market's a bitch, a'int it? 'Course it's not so bad when you can compete effectively and for the long term. and of course you also know that the average SkyWest pilot makes more $ than his counterpart at ASA (this is from all the posts here that point to that and at least THREE of your guys I've had in the jump.)

hate on, brother, hate on.

I hope we give all of ATL back to 'ya'll' as well.

Because most regional posters on FI can be seen here:
b6fd.jpg

http://s263.photobucket.com/albums/ii127/fudgepudge1/?action=view&current=b6fd.jpg

Last edited:
Free market's a bitch, a'int it? 'Course it's not so bad when you can compete effectively and for the long term. and of course you also know that the average SkyWest pilot makes more $ than his counterpart at ASA (this is from all the posts here that point to that and at least THREE of your guys I've had in the jump.)

hate on, brother, hate on.

I hope we give all of ATL back to 'ya'll' as well.

I bet that's what the people say to justify themselves when they cross the picket line too. :rolleyes:

John,

It's kind of like flying all those Comair routes and Comair planes, right?

Latest resources

Back