Why Airlines Avoid DFW

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Draginass said:
make SW buy the airport and run it on their money.

Where do I send the check?

Draginass said:
Love ought to be closed and all airline traffic moved to DFW. Either that or make SW buy the airport and run it on their money.

That is a great idea! And because it would be our airport we could go where we wanted, get all of the concession money and lock everybody else out! We'd make a mint! You'd be crying about how unfair that is in about thirty seconds.

Why does DFW need all those SIDs and STARs when ORD does just fine with a few arrivals and departures?

"Why does DFW need all those SIDs and STARs when ORD does just fine with a few arrivals and departures?"

That's because they keep all non ORD traffic, including jet traffic below 3000' within 50 miles of the place!

Last edited:
:cool:Although I miss flying into DFW, I don't miss sitting behind AA moving slower than CRAP and watching them weave all over the place! I believe that amcnd hit it right on the head! If we were ever in a hurry, they were always SURE to put a "SLOW MOVER" in our way. I could WALK faster than those guys "taxi!":rolleyes:
Man, I know those 80's are old, but PICK UP THE PACE!!! No more "Crandle Crawl!"

Interesting debate! I read an article in ATW about marketing DFW. It looks like they have a really attractive package to get a domestic carrier in there--improvements to terminal E, no rent for a year, free use of ground equipment, etc. You'd think that combined with the new extended runways and hold pads would be attractive to SWA in terms of keeping costs down, and doing quick turn arounds.

I think they should keep short haul at Love to keep serving those smaller markets and do some long haul from DFW. You know they can compete at hubs, look at what they did in Philly.

Latest resources

Back