• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why a 3rd FMS?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
the trick is to have single long range nav approval on the op specs.
G100driver said:
With 3 FMS's you should not ever get stuck crossing a large body of water. We had one FMS fail on us getting ready to go to HI. You cannot MEL an FMS priror to entering RNP-10 airspace. The flight was canceled needless to say. (At least we could not (135). I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong :))

For some folks, it is worth the cost I guess.

Think of it like money. There is no such thing as too much of it when it is yours. With that said, you'll see low rents out there asking 'why 2 FMSs' when buying new planes thinking they are saving the boss a buck. Seen lots of LR45s with just 1, and they were operated by what you would think are 1st class operations. You can pay me now or you can pay me later, but I am gonna get my money!

Is that Urine or mine?

rice said:
I didn't know you flew with Gumby??? BTW does he know you're using his pic for your Avatar now :D .

No matter how much you shake and dance, the last drop ends up on your pants!!:0

Only on flightinfo.com could the discussion turn so quickly from FMS to peeing in the sink. Is this a great country...or what ??

'Sled---get rid of your latest avatar picture...get rid of it NOW !!! I know your wife's cooking is the stuff of legends, but for the love of God, Man, don't put any more of your candid Polaroids on this forum.

bafanguy said:
Only on flightinfo.com could the discussion turn so quickly from FMS to peeing in the sink. Is this a great country...or what ??

'Sled---get rid of your latest avatar picture...get rid of it NOW !!! I know your wife's cooking is the stuff of legends, but for the love of God, Man, don't put any more of your candid Polaroids on this forum.

[quote='Sled's Wife]Get rid of that disgusting picture![/quote]It will go soon enough, I've just got to find something better in my stash. ;)

'Sled

Workin'Stiff said:
Sled, that picture's harsh.... haha!

Yeah, but I have to stop and laugh each time I see it...

Latest resources

Back