Who'se working over the holidays?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Shanghai, China

Got into Shanghai about 28 hours ago. I'm here until the 29th. I had a very nice buffet dinner with a great crew and then puked my guts out about six hours later.

The seafood pasta is Suspect Numero Uno.

But other than that it's been great!

Hey Mar,

Wow.. Shanghai? Congrats on the upgrade/new job, last I knew, you were flying the '6 out of Alaska.

I hope you're feeling better, it sucks being sick on Christmas, but at least it happened on the ground instead of in the air.

mar said:
Got into Shanghai about 28 hours ago. I'm here until the 29th. I had a very nice buffet dinner with a great crew and then puked my guts out about six hours later.

The seafood pasta is Suspect Numero Uno.

But other than that it's been great!
Now if you can only, "punch a few grumpies"' I'm sure you'll feel just fine!:)

I get to spend New Years Eve over the North Atlantic. If I time it right I should hit 50W at midnight. On the 2nd I'll be in HTDA.

I was in the U.S. for Christmas though.

Well, its delayed but I was in the tower xmas eve and xmas. vv001 with 1/4sm vis and an rvr of 0800 for most the morning on xmas. Thank god for laptops and DVD players.

Diverted christmas eve for an overtemp, stuck in a hotel in the rain christmas, still in the hotel. Christmas dinner at Dennys. With very unhappy, apparently angry, waitresses. And undercover cops. And bail enforcement agents. And screaming kids with parents who apparently forgot christmas.

It was that, or potato chips at the gas station, the only other open place, across the street. That was desert.

I did a CLE turn and the passengers sure were grumpy, and we weren't even late! The crew, however, was one of the best I've had the opportunity to fly with and that made it worth it to be working on Christmas day.

I'd also like to say thanks to the Trans States crew who flew me home last night, along with about 5 other pilots. We appreciate you giving us a ride home to our families, even if it was only for the last few hours of the day.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back