• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Whose ERJ-135/145 at ASA ATL gates?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah, I love when I'm working the in-range and someone will be giving me their times and another guy will step right on him with HIS times.....hello?!? Listen for a sec....

I know there are a few people I work with who don't use the "right" language or pronunciation...drives me nuts....

"I don't know who dat was, but no changes"

"Copy dat"

Line of Sight

Citrus531 said:
Yeah, I love when I'm working the in-range and someone will be giving me their times and another guy will step right on him with HIS times.....hello?!? Listen for a sec....

I know there are a few people I work with who don't use the "right" language or pronunciation...drives me nuts....

That's not how it necessarily works. When you are 70 miles from ATL you may not hear somebody talking to OPS. I know there have been times when I have called OPS only to realize I wasn't able to hear another crew already talking.

Try one of those spots where you are so far tucked up against the Concourse that you can't even get ATIS on the number 2 radio.

I highly doubt most people aren't listening before they transmit.

Yeah, I was talking about when an airplane will pull into C15 and as he's calling times, the one that just pulled into C17 will then walk all over him....

I get a kick out of some of the initial calls especially when our 8:00pm push is all calling in at once...."Mission Control, Mission Control(in a good ole southern voice), citrus 261 calling inrange". Or the guy that goes..."Atlanta, Atlanta, Atlanta, Atlanta, citrus 373". :laugh:

180ToTheMarker said:
I don't think people are blocking you. You will not get an answer from ATL ops unless you address them appropriately. "What up dog?!" usually works.

I must admit that made me LOL this morning. That was funny.

SennaP1 said:
Yep, doing..ATL-ISP ATL-SBN ATL-SDF, maybe a couple others I missed.

Strangers in a strange land.

I've noticed CHQ out of ISP, does ASA or ComAir still fly in??? CVG-ISP no longer??

180ToTheMarker said:
I don't think people are blocking you. You will not get an answer from ATL ops unless you address them appropriately. "What up dog?!" usually works.

ahh that sucks..yall dont have acars?:D

I don't miss taking 5 minutes to call my times in...1 less radio call now :beer:

Latest resources

Back