Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Who's the potential buyer of the C-Series?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Who cares who orders them. Their aircraft are garbage. Flaps problems on the 200, Slats on the 900. Any other issues feel free to add.

Who cares who orders them. Their aircraft are garbage. Flaps problems on the 200, Slats on the 900. Any other issues feel free to add.

Sure they have problems, all A/C do. Atleast BBD learns from mistakes. The 200 flaps fail in cold, TR's fail regularly and APU's run great until they grenade. All of that is fixed on the 700/900 which only has a chronic issue with "duct mon" faults. I would hardly call them garbage, I have seen much worse in my career.

My bet is TACA (aka Take A Chance Airlines) or LAN. Those airlines have several partner airlines (equity stakes) in various Latin American countries that could use them.

I've read a lot about the C-Series and it will be a great airplane. Clean sheet design with Collins ProLine Fusion, FBW sidesticks and dual HUDs up front and very comfortable for pax with big baggage bins.

Watch this Bombardier C-Series marketing video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3kO06ahlEs

Hoping we don't see it in the regional ranks for the smaller version (CS100) - I'd rather see them at a legacy to fill the 100-120 seat gap. I presume Republic will use them for Frontier - not sure how that will work (replace E190s). Delta's purchase of AirTran's 717s means probably no C-Series for them... Too bad. :( Hoping United or AMR/USAair orders the airplane. We'll probably see them in Air Canada colors since AC is not happy with the Embraers. Too bad we won't see the first C-Series delivered until 2014...

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back