Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

EX_CV580FR8Dawg

De Oppresso Liber
We were at PWK today and received our taxi clearance to taxi to 34 and hold short of 34. As we taxi out to 34 we were nearing 24 and asked to clarify if it was in fact 24 were were supposed to hold short of. Now I do know when given a taxi to rwy xx, it is a clearance to cross all intersecting rwys along the taxi route. Well we just asked a simple question and we were immediately chewed out and got a lecture on how we were "instructed" to taxi to 34. We were thanked for asking to clarify however. I know when given a taxi to rwy xx clearance that it is implied to hold short unless given a takeoff clearance. Both of us thought that maybe he meant 24 as 24 and 34 could easily of gotten twisted around. It was a simple question, it wasn't like we were at ORD or ATL or JFK stepping all over anyone to clarify our taxi clearance. These controllers at PWK were pretty worked up there today, i think they had 3 or 4 GA planes in the pattern and an NJA on arrival and were at their "limit". I guess they had every right to belittle us?

Last edited:
I wouldn't let it bother you. You did exactly what you're supposed to if not 100% sure. I would reply with a "just verifying" after his blah, blah, blah speech. haha

I wouldn't let it bother you. You did exactly what you're supposed to if not 100% sure. I would reply with a "just verifying" after his blah, blah, blah speech. haha

he's the least of my worries....getting a number to call because we failed to ask a simple question was more pressing. both of us got that "feeling" at the same time when we were coming up on 24 and asked each other the same question and decided to stop and hold short.

My dad has 32 years of atc exp and i talked to him about it and he said it's pwk, that's where the ones that can't check out at ORD go.

sounds like you got the same a$$hole we got the other day there, we called just to verify the instructions and got about a 2min lecture on that. someone needs to get laid

Did he have a high pitched whine like Mayor Daley?

If so, that's George. We called him "hizzonner", like Daley expects to be called. Not on the radio of course.

There are a few good controlllers to balance it out though.

yeah i hear you CV580. I got my ass chewed about not paying attention from the tower there when i verified a taxi clearance. It was snowing and we couldn't see the taxiway signs. somebody does need to get laid.

Well, I'm over at ORD and I assure you I'm never ever ever to busy to answer a pilots question about clearifying weather or not they are cleared to taxi across a runway. Bottom line, if you read back you were going to hold short of RWY 34 at PWK and you didn't hear back from the controller about verifying it was RWY24 you were told to hold short of , then it would have been a read back error on the controller with no consequences to you, just make sure the runway is clear when you cross. Don't ever be afraid to ask a controller clarrification on something that important. If he got bent out of shape that is ridiculous. Mind the spelling...its been a long day!

Ditto what Lr-Captn said....from ATL Tower!!! PLEASE ask if you have a question...anytime!

Indeed.... mistakes happen, we all make them. I have no problem stopping to ask as it can save a lot of potential headaches and unneccessary paperwork:p

I'm a ex controller now in this flying game. Keep in mind that controllers, like pilots. have ther small percentage of a$$holes. Obviously, this guy is one.

Latest resources

Back