Who's the best regional to work for?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
flyupder said:
The only closest I can think of are Colgan and ExpressJet for commuting to IAH. Maybe even Eagle if you can get DFW.

Just got off the phone with Colgan and was told that IAH is a very senior base with no chance of getting hired into it.

I work at XJT and it's a great place to work. The pay is good once your past your second or third year and the retirement is awesome. Work rules are great, reserve isn't that bad, Chief Pilots are cool, training program is probably one of the best of ANY airline, and all of this is probably subject to change in the next year. If nothing gets changed, it will continue to be a great place to be. I'm going on 6 years and I don't have much to complain about compared to what I hear from other regional guys. SAT and AUS are very commutable if you work at XJT.

aviator1978,

I'll be starting at SkyWest in January (hopefully). Everyone I talked to who works there has no complain and personally, I think it's a good airline to go work for. They won't start hiring until January again so go ahead and apply online right now. They have no base in TX (that sucks) but the closest base to you would be either DEN or ORD (you'll probably get ORD in the beginning when hired). One really good thing about them is they have never furloughed any pilots in their history so I hope this tells you something (back me up SkyWest boys!). Any given airline will have an advantage or a disadvantage to you. It's up to you on how you look at it. I hope this helps. Good luck.

airchristyle said:
One really good thing about them is they have never furloughed any pilots in their history so I hope this tells you something (back me up SkyWest boys!).

This doesn't mean a gosh dam thing!!!! ACA ( I won't call them Indy since I never actually got to fly that side) didn't furlough anyone prior to me working there, and know we know half the company is gone, and soon to be all!!:bawling: Things can very easily change overnight, as past experiences have shown.

well,
the best ones are skywest, xjet, chautauqua and the worst is regions air, you are a slave there. 16 hour duty days, 8 leg days, 8 hour overnights back to back, hand flying the junk stream to horse sh!t cities all for pennies.

Furloughed.... PLEASE do NOT use this as an indicator, look at Mesaba they had never furloughed until a few years ago. Now they go straight from Newly hired to newly fired (furlough). This means nothing as to how important you are to management.

No one unhappy at skywest? Why did they just vote NO to a prop from management that was very OVERDUE.

Starting in next year huh? At least you will get paid during training..... Think of all those Senior to you who did NOT. I bet they are just all smiles don't you?

Just wait until they merge the ASA list and suddenly your 700 or more numbers further away from upgrade, hope that you enjoy being a lifetime FO.

Shobra said:
Furloughed.... PLEASE do NOT use this as an indicator, look at Mesaba they had never furloughed until a few years ago. Now they go straight from Newly hired to newly fired (furlough). This means nothing as to how important you are to management.

No one unhappy at skywest? Why did they just vote NO to a prop from management that was very OVERDUE.

Starting in next year huh? At least you will get paid during training..... Think of all those Senior to you who did NOT. I bet they are just all smiles don't you?

Just wait until they merge the ASA list and suddenly your 700 or more numbers further away from upgrade, hope that you enjoy being a lifetime FO.

It shows how much you like your job. If you hate it, then why are you in it? Stop bein a pu$$y, suck it up and just do your job.

Just trying to shine some sun on the Kool-aid drinkers. And contribute something helpfull, unlike name calling and telling people that I don't know that their opinion isn't valid by telling them is shut (or suck it) up. This is a message Forum if you have not noticed. And you have such an impressive vocabullary where did you go to school? We need more like you.

P.S. I never said I have any problems with where I work. By the way, if you haven't figured it out, every Job is a compromise of something.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back