Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Who's a bigger bottom feeder, ASA or Mesa?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
With the attrition happening now, I would doubt that new hires are on reserve more than a month or two.
Two years would put you in the top half, if not the top third on the CRJ FO list.

Nothing to see here......

The Correct Answer Is......

Who has the highest number of PFT'ers on the list.....

Pre 9/11, good contract???? They worked for free for the first year.

I have a friend thats been there close to 2 years, he still can't hold a line and never gets weekends off. I'm trying to get him fired up because he comes on here regularly, mainly trying to get him to come fly freight and show him what real fun is, at least he'll get weekends off and not have to deal with the A-holes he says he flies with there!

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?t=96362

Hmm..no guaranteed days off...it doesn't sound like you like your company either

Find me a single major pilot that is getting WEEKS off, as you say, other than on vacation. I know 777 drivers that are at home for a MAXIMUM of 3-4 days between trips, and then spend the rest of their day at 380 keeping tabs on an FMS, much like you gear jockeys at ASA and Mesa.

In the freight world, not only do we haul cargo, we FLY our airplanes. 121 Pic turbine time might be important...but to who? 135 PIC turbine time is pretty good too. What would a 121 guy do when he is supposed to be flying a FA-20 out of Laredo down to Juarez and he's standing on the ramp waiting for his release...that's right you don't GET a release, do your own calculations and planning, pal! I doubt a SINGLE rj driver on this board could do any of that, if push came to shove.

Now back to the topic at hand, do the ASA and Mesa drivers ENJOY driving this industry into the ground and turning piloting into the burger flippers of the sky, or is SJS (shiny jet syndrome) just TOO strong that they can't see past the fact that they're gettin to sit in the right seat of a OMG JET!11!! even though it's at minimum wage rates. So sad.

Find me a single major pilot that is getting WEEKS off, as you say, other than on vacation. I know 777 drivers that are at home for a MAXIMUM of 3-4 days between trips, and then spend the rest of their day at 380 keeping tabs on an FMS, much like you gear jockeys at ASA and Mesa.

In the freight world, not only do we haul cargo, we FLY our airplanes. 121 Pic turbine time might be important...but to who? 135 PIC turbine time is pretty good too. What would a 121 guy do when he is supposed to be flying a FA-20 out of Laredo down to Juarez and he's standing on the ramp waiting for his release...that's right you don't GET a release, do your own calculations and planning, pal! I doubt a SINGLE rj driver on this board could do any of that, if push came to shove.

Now back to the topic at hand, do the ASA and Mesa drivers ENJOY driving this industry into the ground and turning piloting into the burger flippers of the sky, or is SJS (shiny jet syndrome) just TOO strong that they can't see past the fact that they're gettin to sit in the right seat of a OMG JET!11!! even though it's at minimum wage rates. So sad.

Wow so you are better then ANY SINGLE RJ pilot out there? You must be a blast be around. So you must wear your Rayban Aviators to the bar and sport a Tom Selick moustache and a 2 inch tool. Then tell every chick on the property you are a pilot. Get over your self loser

at mesa in the ERJ you will finish the IOE bid, then hold a line shortly after....

So you enjoy working for your money? That's great. You keep right on doing that. I'll let other people do the work for me. Enjoy tossing your own bags while I toss your girl's salad.

What a ******************************bag. Guess what, pal. I used to do exactly what you're doing now. I left it for ASA 8 years ago and, even with the worst of times here it still beats flying a crappy freighter around Mexico and Central America. But, enjoy slinging your boxes and flying 5 nights a week. By the way, I flew the 20, among other things. It ain't the hardest airplane in the world to fly. Try Guatemala City in a Metro single-pilot sometime if you want to talk about how good a pilot you are.

Latest resources

Back