• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Whoa...AirNet call?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Had the phone interview today. If the pilot recruiter is any example of the type of people that work there, go there. We chatted for a good 30-40 minutes like I was talking to a friend of mine. Very cool. The phone interview seemed to go well, and he was impressed that I have a lot of night time and hit the sims on weekends to keep proficient.

The only issue is that my total time is low, so they were up front with me that they weren't going to bring me in for a face-to-face until I had about 700 total. Until then, he told me to keep the app updated, and that he'd circulate my name via email to everyone else in the mean time. He also said that when I got close to 700, to give them a call to see if they'll bring me in.

That's about perfect for me, seeing as how I don't want to leave my CFI job right now. I'm fine with where I'm at, and still have some work to do before I'll be comfortable handling a Baron in the crap.

How about the LCK weather conveniently stating that the visibility was missing last night...... good times.....

No disrespect, but how many CFI's would jump to a shiny jet FO job? Nowdays the airlines are hiring anyone who has 800tt and can hold a chart. 400TT and a multi-commercial will get you a right hand seat in a RJ if you can live on low pay and take the abuse management gives out (it can't be any worse at working a CFI job).

Unreal, keep us (me) informed on how it goes. I'll be applying there in the near future when I hit 500tt.
I didn't.
I couldn't aford to work at a regional with my student loans. I made more as a CFI and make a little more now.
Your an absolute hiprocrite if you can't respect how much they pay you at a regional and then go there.
I'm definetly not going to turn this into a freight vs. regional fight but if you don't like the regional game don't play it there are other leagues out there.
They like to see you update. Shows your interested.

I did the whole regional thing. Got hired at 750 total onto the SF340 and built my time up to 1600 in a year and got hired on with AirNet. Well worth it. Regionals are horrible to work for but a great time builder. If you are building a ton of time (more than 80 a month) as a CFI stick with it. If not head to the regionals for a year, get a lot of time and some good experience. Go to a turbo prop. Don't be a gear monkey in a jet on reserve.

I did the whole regional thing. Got hired at 750 total onto the SF340 and built my time up to 1600 in a year and got hired on with AirNet. Well worth it. Regionals are horrible to work for but a great time builder. If you are building a ton of time (more than 80 a month) as a CFI stick with it. If not head to the regionals for a year, get a lot of time and some good experience. Go to a turbo prop. Don't be a gear monkey in a jet on reserve.

I've considered doing that. I'm only averaging 40 hours/month right now, so the hours are just crawling by. Do many people go from a regional to AirNet? I've heard that it mostly flows the other way around.

Forget about the regionals. They've really gone to sh#t over the years. Go with Airnet or any other outfit that's going to build you PIC the fastest. Then apply to one of the Fractional companies. Places like Citationshares and NJ, a 5 year captain easly makes just over 100k a year. Five years with a regional your still in the poor house. Good luck!

I love how everyone always has the perfect answer for the perfect career route.

If you can get hired on with Airnet, go for it. If you want to make passenger announcements and live in the daylight go for a good regional. You'll get turbine PIC time quick at either one. There's absolutely no reason to work at Airnet then move onto a regional or vice-versa unless you hated one or the other. Folks from Airnet get hired on with majors and fractionals just as often as folks from regionals. Pick a good employer now so you don't have to make a lateral move later.

g

Unreal,

First of all, love your avatar. Permanent Waves is one of my all time Rush favorites.

Second, there are an awful lot of options depending on what you want to do. I thought cargo, just like you. Then I flew Convairs for that other operator at LCK and decided that I didn't want to die young. I did my homework on the regionals and applied at the few I wanted. I was fortunate enough to get on at ExpressJet. There are a few regionals that will not just chew you up and spit you out. As far as turbine PIC, that'll come in April when I upgrade...two years to the month I got on line. Whatever you choose, I wish you all the best. I hope you have a blast!

Just keep track of what is going on there. They are going through many shake-ups with routes and personel being moved around. They bid on a Fed contract and didnt get it, so things are going to get real dicey until they land something big to replace the checks that we all used to fill the planes with.

Latest resources

Back