• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Whoa...AirNet call?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I tried both and can tell you that a regional is better than Airnet.

Go to a regional like ExpressJet, CHQ, or Skywest. All three have an upgrade time of 2 yrs and less and at ExpressJet you can make between 40 and 50 k ur second yr and still have more days off per month than at Airnet. After about 2 yrs, you can start gaining 121 PIC Turbine time and make anywhere from 65 K +. At Airnet, it will take you 1 yr to upgrade into a jet, then a lot longer to hold a JET PIC. You will fly better equipment at most Airlines and have travel benefits. You will be flying mostly during the day and not night. You will have a union. The list goes on.

I tried both and can tell you that a regional is better than Airnet.

Go to a regional like ExpressJet, CHQ, or Skywest. All three have an upgrade time of 2 yrs and less and at ExpressJet you can make between 40 and 50 k ur second yr and still have more days off per month than at Airnet. After about 2 yrs, you can start gaining 121 PIC Turbine time and make anywhere from 65 K +. At Airnet, it will take you 1 yr to upgrade into a jet, then a lot longer to hold a JET PIC. You will fly better equipment at most Airlines and have travel benefits. You will be flying mostly during the day and not night. You will have a union. The list goes on.

Thanks all for the excellent info.

The only thing that keeps me from going to a regional is the stability. XJT, SkyWest, etc. are all the great places to be right now with really great upgrade times, but how is that going to look next year when I'm competitive for those companies? I know for a fact that I'll keep both career options open, and XJT and SkyWest will get an application from me for sure, but it seems as though cargo companies have historically been much more stable. But, as a poster above said, AirNet is still trying to figure out the whole check situation, so it's all up in the air.

But, I suppose that's aviation. I've just heard the horror stories about people running off to regionals only to get furloughed and on the street with 0.0 TPIC. The QOL though at the better companies does sound pretty dang good. That does count for something...

Latest resources

Back