Who would give up their CBA ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Blue bayou is dumb enough.

Even in bankruptcy all the carriers you mentioned still have better retirement, better health benefits, better M/A language and better futures. We have the 5 documents who's validity is based on an email that wasn't intended to go out.
What does that say, huh? Even bankrupt airlines CBA's hitting the "reset" button still yield more financial gains than ours. Amazing.

Blue bayou is dumb enough.

Even in bankruptcy all the carriers you mentioned still have better retirement, better health benefits, better M/A language and better futures. We have the 5 documents who's validity is based on an email that wasn't intended to go out.
What does that say, huh? Even bankrupt airlines CBA's hitting the "reset" button still yield more financial gains than ours. Amazing.

You're absolutely correct! It is total injustice in this industry to have a job for 11 years and not be furloughed!!! I just had an Evergreen FO jumpseat for the last time home because he just got his furlough notice. Evergreen joined ALPA in 2007-- and what have they done effectively since for Evergreen? According to the FO, collect dues... Amazing.

And ALPA did nothing for Alaska, Delta, Northwest, United, Continental, FedEx and APA has done nothing for American. You site Evergreen? Evergreen...seriously? Evergreen is the cargo equivalent to a regional carrier. A third party contractor. Your ignorance is surpassed only by your gullibility. We've been underpaid for 11 years yet your just happy to be here.

Last edited:
You're absolutely correct! It is total injustice in this industry to have a job for 11 years and not be furloughed!!! I just had an Evergreen FO jumpseat for the last time home because he just got his furlough notice. Evergreen joined ALPA in 2007-- and what have they done effectively since for Evergreen? According to the FO, collect dues... Amazing

You ignored my post, dude. A CBA doesn't guarantee a job. It does put in place contingency plans in the case of a TE.

Your example is a complete non-sequitur. Furlough from a seasonal freight carrier vs a healthy passenger airline? And what does JetBlue have in common with an ACMI carrier anyway? You're not making sense, and ignoring the larger issue of a TE.

According to that very same FO he has merger protection, paid legal support, aeromedical...oh yeah, the ability to negotiate. He doesn't get 5 documents shoved down his throat.

You ignored my post, dude. A CBA doesn't guarantee a job. It does put in place contingency plans in the case of a TE.

Your example is a complete non-sequitur. Furlough from a seasonal freight carrier vs a healthy passenger airline? And what does JetBlue have in common with an ACMI carrier anyway? You're not making sense, and ignoring the larger issue of a TE.

You should fly with this guy. These are the same arguments he uses. The problem with him and those he surrounds himself with is they don't know the facts and could care less about learning them. His final argument is always "if you don't like it then leave". How do you argue with such childishness. He'll sit there all day quoting Craine emails and we all know what Craine has done for this pilot group.

So I guess the United, NWA, and Delta pilots did well when their companies went bankrupt. Thank goodness for the ability to make labor groups be secured creditors in bankruptcy. Because you know, it's so much better being furloughed or getting your pay cut in half, or lose your pension once "your" company emerges from CH 11!!! Thankfully, "negotiated" CBAs will protect you from everything including meteor showers-- please, when's the next union vote?

You're too stupid to vote, we'll just find someone to cancel your's out, like me.

You're too stupid to vote, we'll just find someone to cancel your's out, like me.

You see, the way it works is everyone cancels everyone out until there aren't people from one side or the other to cancel the other out. You should remember that, given that you were on the cancelled out side last time.

You must have been a terrible loser as a kid.

You see, the way it works is everyone cancels everyone out until there aren't people from one side or the other to cancel the other out. You should remember that, given that you were on the cancelled out side last time.

You must have been a terrible loser as a kid.

Funny. Celebrating mediocrity, are we? Please stay at ASA, you belong there.

Latest resources

Back