Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Who won and is doing the Frontier flying in DEN?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
[ they are finicky aircraft and can tie your operation in knots if you don't know them well enough.[/quote]

...and the Q400s aren't?

Funny to read the reasons people have for one ACMI operator getting the nod over another alter ego brand doesn't matter operation. Would Republic operate an airplane with less than a 10% margin. Sure they would, they bought their way into other operations with a 4 to 4.5% margin to keep growth going (cheaper airplanes, less senior crews reduce costs for RAH). Besides, they alway hope to hit the bonus money. Could ASA operate a "finicky" airplane, HAH Ha - they operate a worn out Franco Italian relay monster that no one has a reliable electrical diagram for and were the launch customer for the E120. Dual qualification no longer an issue? Sure it isn't when you have more than 400 flights a day out of a single base and have large enough pilot groups to make it a non issue. Besides, we are talking a whole 'nother type and you don't think EMB would throw in training costs with a $29,000,000.00 airplane? Bombardier has in the past.

This is a stop gap for Frontier who is probably going to be a merger player in the future.

All we know is, we don't know.

One of the problems that F9 apparently had, was the difference in service between the Airbus and the CRJ - Horizon is a good product, but they aren't cheap and people didn't like getting off a bus and onto a CRJ.
F9 wants something that is going to feel more like a comparable standard in service. As for someone else operating the EMBs, sure - it's bound to happen, but Bedford has/had all the options tied up (I don't know if this is still the case) and only JetBlue has comparable operating experience - these are not like ERJs or CRJs, they are finicky aircraft and can tie your operation in knots if you don't know them well enough.

Idiot.

SkyWest would be bidding for the flying under the ASA certificate. We're not restricted by the United clause.

I agree that E190s at ASA are a long shot, however I don't believe that RAH will be the only regional operator of the E170 family forever. The question is if 20 planes is enough to justify adding another fleet type for another airline.

Might be cost effective if they picked up even more than 20 and ran the rest for DAL...long shot, but would be sweet to see.

CHQ on the other hand has the public's more favored small jet. Many have commented on its' preference when flying routes longer than 1.5 hours. But will Republic be willing to accept a less than 10% return on their investment? This has to be an obstacle to the CHQ bid.

You're KIDDING right? I mean, you have GOT to be KIDDING!! Otherwise, I have some Outstanding Swampland in the everglades to sell you for a GREAT price!! :laugh:

Favored small jet...hahahahahaha I shot Mtn. Dew out my nose!! Man, you need to lay off the crack pipe!

Just to throw another log on the fire.

Lynnx (Fronter Express) has already placed ads for Captains and F/O's on the Q400 (climbto350.com).

Horizon has already stated that they are brining back the CRJ's and reintergrating them in the Horizon system. It is my understanding that Horizon only had 4-7 CRJ's on the Fronter flying (Airline Pilot Central).

The Fronter pilots are stating that their should be only 1 seniority list (Flight Forums under Fronter flying).

Although the talk around DEN is that Fronter will need a smaller jet than the 318, and something larger than a Q400 (Flight Forums).

Anyones guess is as good as mine as to what will happen.

Latest resources

Back