Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Who will be the first to fly this for 50 seat rates?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That was then this is now. Ain't gonna happen now. The majors contracts have been decimated to the point that even if they offered us Ual/Dal 2000/2001 contracts we would not trade that for scope. This generation has learned the hard way from our predecessors trading of scope for money.

Air Wisconsin flew 100 seaters for United on the BAC 146. People seemed to accept that as ok.

I don't ever recall getting a vote over what airplanes we get or what routes we fly. I guess I was sick on those days. Oh well.
P.S. drink home brew.
I will agree with your "routes we fly" part. But, in May 2003 the pilots of SkyWest airlines VOTED to fly the CRJ7 for the same pay as CRJ2. It was a BS vote for several reasons. Off the top of my head...

1. Jerry was not going to let a bunch of pilots get in the way of profit, but explicity told us that the 700 would not come to SkyWest and growth would stop without the pilot concession. This while SkyWest was making a profit every quarter.
2. No union, no contract, so the vote really did not matter.
3. 18 month "deal Captain Holt an ace and you won't regret it" deal that had no provisions for what to expect in 18 months. It lasted for three and a half yeas until we got this BS overide.
4. SkyWest pilots lowered the bar on the 700/900 (rates only) for the rest of the industry.

PS MMMMMMMMmmmmmmmm Home brew on Christmas...

Honestly the only place I would like to see this airplane would be in another country.

I mean don't get me wrong...if a mainline picks her up it would be cool....but who are we kidding....if a US carrier gets it its going to be a regional.

That was then this is now. Ain't gonna happen now. The majors contracts have been decimated to the point that even if they offered us Ual/Dal 2000/2001 contracts we would not trade that for scope. This generation has learned the hard way from our predecessors trading of scope for money.

The scope is still there. It's called the "Air Wisconsin Exception". Look it up. I don't believe it's been taken out by anything. It allows for replacement of the 146s one for one.

yeah but the bac jet had pay that was livable. Think it topped out about 120ish an hour...not bad for a regional. 2nd yr fo on the bac was 41 also.

yeah but the bac jet had pay that was livable. Think it topped out about 120ish an hour...not bad for a regional. 2nd yr fo on the bac was 41 also.

Now THAT'S an airplane right there!

Between that and the ATR...those are what got me into aviation!

I do not want the EMB190 on our property either and most folks I talk to agree with that. FYI, our EMB175 pay tops at $119.32...and even that aircraft does not belong on Regional Airline property. Just my 2cents.

JvW

The RAH 175/190 payscale is very close, and in a few years slightly exceeds, the concessionary ARW 146 payscale for captain rates.

FO rates, notsomuch.

Latest resources

Back