• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Do yourself a favor.

When it comes from doing anything with SWA,

R U N A W A Y F A S T ! !

SWA is a shark and will devour or destroy your company if you have anything to do with it. SWA will only get what they want from you, eat the meat from the bone and then discard your dry dead bones.

They will smile and call you friend every step of the way and when they are done doing you in every conceivable position you will be shunned like the fat girl they don't want to be seen with later.

I don't wish a SWA affiliation on my worse enemy.

Have a nice day and Good Luck!

Do yourself a favor.

When it comes from doing anything with SWA,

R U N A W A Y F A S T ! !

SWA is a shark and will devour or destroy your company if you have anything to do with it. SWA will only get what they want from you, eat the meat from the bone and then discard your dry dead bones.

They will smile and call you friend every step of the way and when they are done doing you in every conceivable position you will be shunned like the fat girl they don't want to be seen with later.

I don't wish a SWA affiliation on my worse enemy.

Have a nice day and Good Luck!
and I guess the management at ATA had nothing to do with the airline's demise.....

Blaming SWA is just a way to make people feel better. It sucks what happened to ATA, but it rests on the shoulders of their management team. When you start mixing companies business plans, someone will always get the short end of the stick. All airlines are in business for the investors and stockholders, the sad part is when something gets messed up faithful employees are sent down the river.

Yes it should be blamed squarely on ATA's inept management buffoons....Oh, and maybe, just a little bit, on ATA's CEO John Denison.

You know, the John Denison that was a former COO at SWA and who was "inserted" as ATA's new CEO and Chairman of the Board.

He was certainly not a buffoon, and executed his assigned task quite well.

YKMKR

Last edited:
You'd be surprised. Not that they aren't happy about their job today.... just still carrying a grudge about past actions. Not the majority, but a vocal few.
True.

I know a couple of them through some 727 CA friends I made when I was at Express One. Happy for the paycheck and stability years later, but NOT happy for the way it went down and some are still irritated about it.

Some people find SWA to be as benevolent as they claim. Some don't. At the end of the day, SWA is a BUSINESS and is operated like one, for THEIR OWN bottom line. They may not deliberately go out of their way to hose someone, but I doubt seriously they'll let a few pilots on the street at another airline get in the way of profitability or stock performance.

Just like any other business. Plan accordingly.

Here's one really out there.

Maybe Southwest will buy the dying Virgin America and make an offer for Virgin Atlantic.

I told you it was way out there!

I actually think Alaska would be too expensive to aquire or merge with in my humble opinion. Lot's of baggage.

In what way, would it be too expensive?

So, more indications something going on at Southwest.
What are they doing?

Are they going to merge with someone?
Are they going to beat up on someone?

Or, are they just going to blow away in the wind?

Latest resources

Back