• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Who uses the call sign "Runner 276"?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I got the position when one of our captains left for a part 91 corporate job. Also, if you are interested in flying for Runner, hang around Raytheon in ICT when the cookies come out in the late evening. The pilot is usually there making dinner out of it, and everyone who has had that run got it from the pilot before him.

I was actually referring to the position of "company chief smartass", it's typically reserved for myself! I'll have to put the power to the van tonight then, they are usually just leaving as I'm getting in, I'll do my best I guess, always nice to have options. Oh wait a minute, we go to Yingling now, I talked to one of the runner guys once when we went to RAS, ex-military guy, pretty nice, was giving the lady he was with a hard time, she was also pretty nice, I think she's a captain now, or always was, don't remember. I think I'll have better luck just making a few call, but thanks for the help, much appreciated.

Last edited:
Chief company smarta$$ is the position I was referring to when I said I got promoted from assistant to chief when one of the captains left. I should have been more clear. Also, Air Now runs freight single pilot in Metros with no autopilots. If there were two pilots, one of them was paying. The guys who run it now all are retired UPS pilots, and I've heard things have gotten a lot better since they took over from previous management. I worked there several years ago.

metro's?

if youre talking about the VT operators....

Also, Air Now runs freight single pilot in Metros with no autopilots.

nope....they're Bandierante's. there was an AD to remove all autopilots and electric trim systems. numerous crashes in the early 80's with regional airline operators. specially one in boston was nasty right after takeoff. rolled over and straight in. tail fell off. electric trims and autopilots kept either running away or overstressing the cables in the tail. cables broke, the pilots pulled or pushed to keep it level, and the stresses ripped the tail off. AD's have make things stronger now with improved parts and theres no problems anymore since they removed the equipment. fly's pretty good. very rugged/solid.

sokay

sokay, guinness helps me alot :>

Latest resources

Back