• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have jumpseated on the following airlines as a 135 crew member:

Air Wisconsin
United
Northwest
Mesaba

Our company check airman was also the check airman for Air Wiskey, and he negotiated a lot of the agreements, so that may have helped.

135 guys are always welcome on Atlas Air...........

Bring your passport and go some place exotic for a few weeks! We also do a fair amount of State-side flying as well.

For all the info, phone numbers, etc...........
http://atlasjumpseats.73rdavenue.com/jumpseat.php

Ice-
Sounds like you guys are really receptive to the 135 guys- great news... Any link to a route structure to get from either PIT or CLE out west.?? Dunno if this is at all possible on Atlas but thought it was worth a shot.

Kilatta Air(sp?) I guess will take all with a photo ID as well as the other required stuff.

Check with your director of ops and most likely he can negotiate with the station managers at your "home" airport and u will have it made. ! !

c h e e r s

3 5 0

135 jumpseat

My company has jumpseat priviledges with both Northwest and Continental. It is always the captains final decision, but I have had no problems when in uniform with the proper paperwork.

There are plenty of carriers out there that will give you a ride IF the captain is willing to do so. - Bottom line is that he has the "final say" and can at times make exceptions to those who are not always on the "list"...Tougher today because there must be a empty seat in the back.

I do believe that both Air Tran and Jet Blue require Y O U R company to be on that "magic list" and I think you may have a tough time and a few problems explaining "who" YOU are and what company you work for to the gate/ticket agent (s)- Usually the buck stops with the gate agent.. - Being a former DAL employee it would vary on who at the gates would "allow" you to go and speak to the captain.- I did usually make a few exceptions to the gals in HOU while workin the gates who were lookin s m o k i n hot!! !!

Needless to say it is not an impossible task but would be much easier if your director of ops could negotiate a station agreement with the carrier and this way ya'll would be on that "magic list":D

Seems like quite a few gate agents present day are nieve to the fact that 135 pilots also need to get home every once in awhile

Some carriers may also offer ID-90's on some occasions

3 5 0

:cool:

I have jumpseated on Frontier, American Eagle, United, Great Lakes and Chicago Express with my Pt. 135 I.D. However UAL hasn't been letting piots that aren't on their "Magic List" jumpseat lately.

Skyking

I think the key with part 135 jumpseating is if you are SCHEDULED. Example: Airnet and Cape Air are both scheduled. And it's only fair. How can you reciprocate if you don't have published schedules?

air midwest will take some it depends on the captain. We do a lot of flying out of PIT.
A uniform and all your certifdicates, medical, etc helps and goes a long way.

Latest resources

Back