Who really needs to have a medical?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SF2boy--

Trust me, you don't want to start naming names or getting too personal with this board. First, it inevitably draws the "flamebait" connotation, then leads one to potential legal liability problems.

None of us is truly anonymous--and none of us really wants a lawsuit for slander or some such drivel.

You are better off going to the FAA hotline if you feel this medical issue is for real.

Here's a technique I often use.

Go to the person involved and ask them. If you don't get satisfaction, take it up the chain.

I much prefer being talked to than to be talked about.

Hmmm.

I was just musing over the possibilities of finding some sort of irrefutable proof about this situation. What would that be? Suppose this guy had let it slip over drinks one night that he had used his computer scanner and photoshop to create a dead ringer for a valid first class medical. Short of an order from the FAA asking the doc to send a copy of the medical issued on such-and-such date, how would this falsehood be determined?

Second, what is the motive? Is this a pilot with a debilitating problem, or one of those CYA medical abnormalities that the FAA says is problematic, but rarely is a problem in real life? Is this a rumor based on other pilots being envious of his seniority, or is he just a guy that goes around irritating others? And why the use of "XJ"? There is only one possibility in my mind, and that one is so obvious that I wonder why these "code letters" would be used at all.

Last, what is the likelihood that asking about this pilot here on this forum would produce a tangible answer? From my perspective, I know a bunch of pilots who have never heard of this place, which suggests to me that someone here is unlikely to know the real scoop, and even less likely to give an answer here on a public board.

Man, that was a strong cup of coffee!!!!

Last edited:
Like I've been told "Worry about yourself"........

Sorry to piss everyone off. I got the anwer I was looking for today in company issued publications. I hope Mesa and the pilots that voted in that contract are not going to sue anyone on this board for defamation and slander.

Yeah that cracked me up too. Get sued for slander!!! Thats funny. I mean who did you slander? I didn't read any names.

No flames or I will sue!

Hey all, from what I know, this isn't flamebait. Check with your friends at XJ. From what I've learned, it was for a long period of time-forged.

Latest resources

Back